From one little black dress to another...

Options
Hi MFP,

I have been using this site for about 18 months now and reached my goal of 50 lbs lost back in January. The only thing which helped me was consistency! Daily logging of food (between 1200-1600 a day) and exercise (plus eating back the calories) was the crux of it for me really. In April 2012, I was introduced to the 30 day shred which helped give me the enthusiasm to work out reguarly. Since then I have tried my hand at body revolution and insanity, although am most comfortable at the gym where I mix things up on the cardio and weight machines.

mfp2_zps2a80774f.jpg

mfp4_zps91d82a55.jpg

I was a fat child, a fat teenager AND had entered adult hood obese. My legs rubbed, my arms hung like massive slabs of ham next to my body. When I smiled, my eyes got lost in my chubby cheeks. I have never known anything else other than being the big girl. So to drop 50 lbs, it has been a massive game changer for me. It is only now, 10 months after I reached goal that I can finally look in the mirror and see how far I have come. I guess it is true when people say it takes a while for your mind to catch up with the mirror.

Under all that cushioning, I actually have a face!

mfpface1_zpsaa9ca2f6.jpg

mfp5_zps444850d7.png

(Black over eyes as a precaution due to my job)

Now, I am ready to push on with my next goal of 65lbs lost OR 20% body fat, whichever comes first. With the help of my gym instructor, I am now lifting heavy with the intention being to maintain lean body mass whist cutting fat.

Also, MFP wouldn't be MFP without the support network it provides. I HONESTLY could not have achieved without the support, honesty and friendship of my MFP friends. You are all awesome!

If anyone feels they could help motivate me on the next part of my journey, please friend request me. Still a LOOOONG way to go!

Replies

• PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this post!! I am sooo unbelievable happy for you! You deserve all the success in the world! Keep it up!!!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You're incredible! And so motivational, seriously! I was a fat child, teenager and adult as well, and I've gotten to the point where I just want to freakin' feel good, and attractive! Your story is amazing, thank you for sharing it. :)
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love this! You look amazing! Congrats

Mine will be a "little red pencil skirt"
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Claire, i am so unbelievably proud of you. It has been a pleasure to share your journey and witness your amazing transformation. You are a beautiful person inside and out, and it makes me so happy to see you sharing your achievements, it means that you know you have excelled... Sometimes we forget to congratulate ourselves, and only concentrate on what's still to be done! 50lbs loss is pretty damn impressive.. And so is that tiny new waist of yours! You have been a constant motivator in my journey, and are one of my first MFP buddies. It's a pleasure to know you, and i wish you further success - i will always be right there cheering you along!

keep up the brilliant work, definitely an A* for you! :flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job. You look fantastic. Congrats on the weight loss and seeing your hard work pay off.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!!! You've come such a far way, and on the healthy train it seems as well! A major key in being able to continue the process for life!! Congrats!!!
  • claireplum
    claireplum Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your lovely comments :-) It is nice hear positive things and share how positive I feel! x
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! WoW and WAY to go!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Tagging so I can see when I get home, since work blocks most of the images.
  • enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! You look amazing :)
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look fab! Very pleased for you - rocking that new black dress (where from?! lol)

I'm just like you with being the fat friend all my life, time to change! xx
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Keep up the great work.
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Congratulations! Definitely an inspiration. I have no doubt you will reach your new goals!
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hot damn girl!!! You look insane!!! =) well done!!! And what city is in the background in the 2nd dress pic? Looks amazing as well!
  • claireplum
    claireplum Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone...this all helps motivate me and push me towards my next goal! It is nice to sit back on the mountain and take a big deep breath, but then there is always more to climb.

The city in the second picture is Portsmouth, England. Such an incredible view of the HMS Warrior, Spinaker Tower and the Solent at night. :-)
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You have gorgeous eyebrows! Also, fantastic progress...you look amazing!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Claire you look amazing and you ARE making your dreams come true <3
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im so glad you decided to take advice and post your success! SO proud of you hun you look amazing in latest pic :) thanks for always supporting me everytime I complete my diary I always think of you going GREEN!! haha! good luck with your next goals will be here as always to support :) you deserve all these lovely comments cant wait until I can post my success story one day! xxxxxxx
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look great, give your self a high five on all the hard work you done ..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!