What to eat

Options
I am stuck on what to eat for breakfast,lunch and dinner. What i have been having lately for breakfast is either oatmeal with a banana, or a bowl of special k cereal with a banana. Lunch its either a grilled chicken salad or just a grilled chicken breast with some type of vegetables, snacks i have been having greek yogurt, and dinner, its been either chicken breast or a bowl of special k cereal. Is there any other foods i should be adding to my diet? Please help. Can i eat fruits and vegetables all day long?

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Not much help on the diet but you can eat fruit and veg all day long with no problems so long as you log it and stay within your limits unlike WW its not free on MFP
  • YaelCeglio
    YaelCeglio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're looking to lose weight. You'd do better to get more protein in first thing in the morning. Like an omelette. Or if you really enjoy oatmeal, make it from quick oats and add protein powder to it. You're welcome to look at my food diaries to get an idea of what I eat. Today was a bad day because I didn't drink enough water and snacked on anything I could get my hands on. But I logged it and moved on :) I'll send you a friend request so you can take a peek.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I prefer a protein smoothie for breakfast. 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, and a scoop of BioChem protein powder. That's my personal preference because I love the smoothies, and it keeps my full longer. Lunch varies but my favorite go-to is an egg salad sandwich on wheat (made with light mayo) and raw veggies with some hummus, or a big salad. Veggies are one of those things you can eat nearly unlimited quantities of, especially if they are raw. Fruit I keep to a lower minimum because it sometimes makes me more hungry. I tried carrot fries today---YUUUUMMMMMMY!!!!! I also love to make stir fry out of cauliflower.
  • jolynn33
    Options
    Cause on saturday i ate horribly but i logged it in, so if i excercise more will that help me to get that bad food out of me?
  • jolynn33
    Options
    So whatever i eat i need to log it, and if i notice that i am getting close to my calorie goal then i need to stop eating? and also when i work out at night time, and log it do i need to eat those calories back or just leave it?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    The idea is to eat the exercise calories back but be careful lots of sites and machines over estimate exercise calories.
  • rayannekruse
    rayannekruse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would add more fruits and vegetables. The only carbs that I was told to eat was oatmeal and sweet potatoes.....but I also eat the occasional donut! The more I eat vegetables the less I find I want super bad things actually.

If you are exercising at night make sure that you are eating something little after with some protein like a cheese stick or some peanut butter. You could also always wait to eat dinner until after you workout! Hope that helps.

Also working out does help you to gain more calories to eat for the day but exercising is important in either case. You should just make sure that you are using more calories during the day then you are eating. Exercise dose not necessarily help get the 'bad food' out of you quicker but it does stimulate your metabolism. It really matter what you eat because some foods stay in your body longer than others in the first place whether they are good or bad.

I would just focus on your calorie count, working out, and logging as much as you can. Everybody has to find what works for them!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting your macro goals, eat whatever you want.

Cutting anything out is a recipe for failure.
  • DianeandRocky
    Options
    Have you tried fruit smoothies ?
  • DianeandRocky
    Options
    It's true that sugar is addicting , the less of it you eat the less you want
  • cl_green
    Options
    I usually eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast because I'm on the run. I also eat string cheese and turkey jerkey sticks.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    For breakfast
    I have 2 slice Sarah lee 45 cal multigrain 1 thbs almond butter and cut up banana and make a sandwich out of it I usually have that with fat free milk

Or 2 egg omelet with reduced fat cheese with spinach and mushrooms

I find these foods hold me over longer

I also wonder what to eat at times too

today for lunch I had a fiber one wrap with one pouch of tuna lettuce celery red onion and light hellmans mayo
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to breakfast is the TACO! La Tortilla Factory Low Carb small tortilla (50 cals, 7 grams of fiber), one egg + two egg whites, one strip of turkey bacon, 1/4 cup refried beans, pico de gallo, avocado, nonfat Greek yogurt, Dave's Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce. Yummy, satisfying, and low enough on calories to start the day right.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Do you like eggs? There are so many ways to make them. I even have them for dinner with a slice of bacon sometimes.

veggie omelette
    breakfast burrito with salsa
    over easy
    poached
    boiled
    scramble (add cheese or hot sauce)
    etc....

You could also find a lot of great chicken recipes on line, if you're getting bored with your same old chicken.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I prefer a protein smoothie for breakfast. 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, and a scoop of BioChem protein powder.

Question about smoothis - do they taste OK in the morning if you make them the night before? I have no time for this in the a.m. so I'm hoping to make 2 -3 days worth at once. Do they freeze well? Thanks!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cause on saturday i ate horribly but i logged it in, so if i excercise more will that help me to get that bad food out of me?

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries are a go to for me in the mornings
  • MsCK101
    Options