Body Styles

Options
Okay, so this is getting silly but lets perpetuate it because I'm actually curious!

Women:
Do you want muscular, "bulky" bodies (Britney Spears pre-psychosis, post red outfit), or slender, petite toned bodies (Christina Aguleria in dirty)?
Do you prefer "scrawny" (pulled directly from the other thread) men (David Bowie, Justin Bieber, Loki) men, built but not hulk men (Justin Timberlake, Josh Hartnett, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, etc), or hulk-men (Arnold Ssomethinger, the guy who played Thor)?

Men:
Do you want to be scrawny ( ^ ), built but not hulk ( ^ ), or hulk ( ^ )?
Do you prefer muscular women or petite women?

Please don't have an aneurysm if something here is offensive or badly phrased; I'm eating apple slices between sentences. It's all for fun! <3 Also pls lets not start debates about how you can be muscular and petite or hulk and scrawny or something; just get a jist of what the idea is from those terms and examples!

Replies

• lmissinsanity
    Options
    My body type naturally lends itself to lean...I'm 5ft4 and a half, but a lanky 5ft4. So petite for me :)

Oh and tall guys who have some muscles = yummy!,;)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I have to go with 'bulky' for me of the examples, because my frame makes me look more towards that than Xtina. People who know muscle like you guys will know that it's the frame doing that, though :) And I don't like too little body fat on me, so I do stay 'big' for a woman, as in not thin. Stocky for a girl. Smaller than most Americans, though, lol! I'm 5' 6".

For guys, I'm all about the guy, so it doesn't matter :) Purely aesthetically, Justin Timberlake wasn't lying. He brought sexy back :D

I used to date a 5' 7" track guy, though. Yes, my biceps were bigger than his, and I was taller in heels. I complimented his quads (nice quads!), so it all worked out ;)
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Personally I want to be built but lean.

For women, I'm also into the lean look. I'm not really into the skinny fat look nor the curves or curves++ or the curves++++++

I just think lean looks best on women. To each their own.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I don't really know about the distinctions here, but I think these folks are fit:

Fitness-Model-abdomen.jpg

fitness-model.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I like pale sturdy bodies that are soft...without a lot of fat rolls, but with a lot of curves (girls) and muscles (guys and girls).

When I see hardbodies, tan and super bulky and/or defined with six pack abs...I can appreciate the human body in that form, but it's not what grinds my gears personally at all. I like more of an effortless kind of look.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    In both cases, lean, healthy, fit and happy.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I like penises. And boobs.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Hee hee. Boobs are the thing. If I get down to the body fat seen in pics above, I lose too many boobage inches. Not my thing ;)

I should say that my opinion of my frame is not just mine (like a self-delusion, lol), btw. My little brother's nickname for me growing up was Teela, said as an insult. (I've been called a linebacker here and there, too.) I like Teela's body now, so it's all good.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    fitness-model.jpg

Ultimately I want to look something like this guy, and I'll get there with time. The cutting part is easy, it's the building muscle part that takes a while.

As for women, Kim Kardashian has the perfect body, but pretty is pretty, so I would go for slimmer or even chubbier if it worked for her, but Kim Kardashian tho... holy crap...
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I don't really know about the distinctions here, but I think these folks are fit:

Fitness-Model-abdomen.jpg

fitness-model.jpg

I agree with this 100%. Definitely the body I want from a guys prospective and the women is absolutely the perfect amount of lean and muscle.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hey man where's your bf% at in that photo?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Hey man where's your bf% at in that photo?

Around 9.5%
  • prat27
    prat27 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have to much priority in my life to be vain about my body and frankly I carry my confidence/vanity in other areas of my life besides my abs. I just want to be healthy, active, and feel good in my clothes and with my shirt off. I actually see it different....in many cases, but not all a man whos body is his biggest concern and monopolizes the majority of his time it typically less responsible and successful in other areas of his life. Not "all" men, just a correlation I have noticed.

As far as ladies. I tend to be drawn to petite woman (my wife) that is proportionate but I am attracted to a any woman who tries to live a healthy lifestyle as well regardless of her body type
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

best answer
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    My ideal body style for myself (and actually what I like to see on other women) is lean with muscles.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    FFS Britney Spears has never been "bulky" in her life. Overweight, sure. Fit, sure. But bulky? Find me a picture.

If you're going to post a beat-to-death topic and play it off as for general interest, you shouldn't pose it in a ludicrously biased way. Bulky versus slim/slender.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

As far as ladies. I tend to be drawn to petite woman (my wife) that is proportionate but I am attracted to a any woman who tries to live a healthy lifestyle as well regardless of her body type

this is similar to what I have heard a lot of men say. One of my male friends in particular will be very into a heavier, curvy girl who does roller derby and eats healthy food...but the same body type and the girl just sits on the sofa watching the Kardashians with her Pizza Hut...he wouldn't go there.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    For myself, I prefer some muscle definition like nicely defined quads, shoulders, and arms, while keeping my curves :smile:

For men, I like to see and feel nicely defined arms, shoulders, chest. Or just Mike Vick, I prefer him overall.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I like women who are built like Thor. I'm trying to get down to Christina Aguilera size.