Pumpkin Muffins (2 ing)

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I bought the stuff, will make them this week end or something.
  • buba975
    buba975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • angelbaby75
    angelbaby75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I made these the past two weekends. I just use spice cake mix and pumpkin and an extra dash of pumpkin pie seasoning. No extra water. I use a spoon to put them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. For me it makes around 28 but I guess it depends on how big you make them. They are more like cake bites than cookies. Soft and fluffy and so delish! My kids love them and it makes the house smell like Fall.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you just might have qualified as my favorite person in the entire universe! Because I love anything pumpkin like you have no idea. :)
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So I just looked up the cake spice cake mix and canned pumpkin, did the math and if you make 24 muffins from the mix they are 97 calories a piece. So 194 calories if you only make 12 muffins. These are regular size made in a regular size cupcake pan.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! thanks
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Thank you
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    You can make them in cookie form if you don't have a muffin pan.
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    YUMMY I need to make these!! I just made a cupcakes the other day using a box of Sugar Free Pillsbury Devils Food Cake Mix and a 12 oz can of Diet Cherry Coke. OMG they are gooooooooooooooooooood. I think it's like 95 calories for one!
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So I just looked up the cake spice cake mix and canned pumpkin, did the math and if you make 24 muffins from the mix they are 97 calories a piece. So 194 calories if you only make 12 muffins. These are regular size made in a regular size cupcake pan.

Thank you!!!!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Keeping, thanks for sharing!
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So going to try this but maybe gluten free

as my other half is gluten intolerant

thanks for sharing
  • futuresoonermom
    futuresoonermom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    15 oz can. I've made these before with spice cake mix. Also will want to add come water or milk to the mix as it's very very thick.

I was going to say the same thing. I usually end up adding about 1/4 cup of milk.

I have also used a strawberry puree. Take 1 lb of Strawberries, put in a blender or food processor. When it's pureed, add it to cake mix with 1/4 cup of milk and you're golden. Strawberries and chocolate cake mix smell divine!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    The spice cake is better - gives it that real carrot/pumpkin flavor...

Now I need to find gluten free mix so I can make this again - been making it the past 8 years, but now have a gluten intolerance :/
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have had these before ... Very yummy ... Bump
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing about these cakes. I should really try to make them! I think I'd have to wait and do if for an event or else I'll eat all twelve in like two days!!!
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    There is ONE place that sells canned pumpkin online here, you have no idea how hard that is to find. None of our supermarkets stock it.
    And I've been wanting extra reasons to get a bucket load of the stuff, not just pumpkin pie.
    This is so simple and everyone else in the house will eat it, I'm off to spend all my money on my credit card on canned pumpkin lol.
    THANKS!
  • Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yummm, bumb
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I made 12 muffins with the yellow cake mix that's on the picture. I added like 1/4 cup of water. SO GOOD. Comes up to 145 calories for the big ones. Really delicious. Thank you for sharing.