Looking for a group to join!

Options
Hello! I have been browsing the groups here, and you all seem wonderful! However, I notice that many are in-progress (xx-weeks, challenges, etc), and I was wondering if there was a general group that I could join. A little about me....I am a 35-year old mother of 2 young children, married to a US Marine, teacher of 30 wonderful, but rambunctious 4th graders. I returned to teaching this year after taking 2 years off to spend time with my own children and complete my Master's degree. I am enjoying being back in the working world, but time to go to the gym is non-existent, so I need some motivation to work out here at home.

Anyway...if you read this and know of a group where I might fit in...let me know :) Oh, and I have about 80 pounds to lose total.

Replies

• pjones2002
    Options
    Hi teacher, I'm a retired teacher myself. I know how hard it is to exercise after a day of teaching and then coming home to two small children. I was there thirty years ago. I wish someone had told me, and made me believe that I couldn't take care of everyone else if I didn't take care of myself. Can you manage to give yourself 30 minutes either before or after school to walk? They say that's one of the best forms of exercise out there and the weather is beautiful right now. I use a small MP3 player and listen to audio books. I feel like I'm multitasking then. PJ
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    Hey Colleen, welcome to MFP. I've joined a couple of groups that were in progress but it is hard to be the newbie. You can friend me if you want and I can help you with support and encouragement. I'm 47 and have 2 teen boys so am a little farther along in life, but know what it's like trying to fix food for growing kids while you need different things! Exercise is so important for everything in your life but truly to lose the weight, diet is going to be 80% of it. So try to get a walk in (maybe after dinner, grab the kids and go for a walk before it's too dark) but try focusing on your food consumption until you have some time to really work out. Also, on your school holidays, go for bike rides with your kids or have them ride their bikes/trikes while you walk/run (I personally HATE to run-but do it sometimes anyway). Good luck!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    Hey Colleen, welcome to MFP. I've joined a couple of groups that were in progress but it is hard to be the newbie. You can friend me if you want and I can help you with support and encouragement. I'm 47 and have 2 teen boys so am a little farther along in life, but know what it's like trying to fix food for growing kids while you need different things! Exercise is so important for everything in your life but truly to lose the weight, diet is going to be 80% of it. So try to get a walk in (maybe after dinner, grab the kids and go for a walk before it's too dark) but try focusing on your food consumption until you have some time to really work out. Also, on your school holidays, go for bike rides with your kids or have them ride their bikes/trikes while you walk/run (I personally HATE to run-but do it sometimes anyway). Good luck!