Need a crock-pot. Any recommendations?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good crock-pot? I just want to make potroast and healthy slow-cooker recipes. Maybe 2-3 times a week. Don't want to spend more than $45. Any ideas? Thank you :)

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This is like the simplest cooking instrument ever invented. It's almost impossible to make a bad one. Just grab whatever happens to be on sale, and has a nice heavy solid ceramic interior.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Be sure and get one with a digital timer, if you can.
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree with both posters. I've had my crock pot for YEARS and love it. You definitely want one with a digital clock on it if you can, just makes it easier to see how much time is left and also those usually have four settings as opposed to the dial which usually only has two. But really you can't go wrong and definitely don't have to spend a fortune on them. Enjoy!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have the Rival Chrome kinda oblong shaped one have had that quite a few yrs and it works really good yet :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Get one from goodwill, they're like $5.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got one that's a slow-cooker and a pressure cooker in one. I love it, but I use a lot of dried beans/lentils.
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 6 quart Cook N Carry Crockpot at Walmart for $30 something. I love it!!! I've made soup in it a few times, and a roast, and tonight I want to try an overnight apple oatmeal to have in the morning for breakfast. So many possibilities! Good luck!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I agree with both posters. I've had my crock pot for YEARS and love it. You definitely want one with a digital clock on it if you can, just makes it easier to see how much time is left and also those usually have four settings as opposed to the dial which usually only has two. But really you can't go wrong and definitely don't have to spend a fortune on them. Enjoy!

This.

I have the basic one that has the dial and only two settings. While I love it and use it all the time, I wish I had more play with temps and times and such. So definately get a digital one.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I got the ceramic crock-pot and LOVE IT! I'm so lazy but even I can throw some stuff in and put it on high or low for 6-8 hours and end up with amazing meals. Good luck and I agree it doesn't matter which one you get just go for the digital!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the make of mine, but look for one that is bigger than you think you need or has the interchangeable crocks in 3 sizes. Look for digital with a warming function and timer. I'd also suggest picking up a couple packages of the Reynolds slow cooker liners. They make clean up super easy!
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have two. One is the old fashion kind you turn on high or low and leave it come back on time or you might dryout or burn whats cooking. I also have a Hamilton beach programmable with meat thermometer that I use all of the time once or more a week. I love that I can set the time or temp and when it hits that is knocks down to warm. Love my the new one but keep the old one for the every know and then when I need two at a time and it was my grandmothers.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I saw some hamilton's on sale at walmart for 16 dollars
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    What, really, *all* of them are *completely safe* to have on all day while you're out, there's no difference in terms of heat distribution, nothing, all of them are exactly the same?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Get one from goodwill, they're like $5.

^^ This. I had one for years that cost under $10. Worked it's tail off.