Finally back on the wagon...

Options
Innerglow
Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
I started my journey here in Jan. of 2009 and lost 25 lb rather quickly and easily and for no other reason but to sabotage myself, I wallowed in my own pity because I was in a terrible relationship with a very unhealthy person, with an 18 month old daughter and a job I hated. All that together was a recipe for weight loss disaster.

The day before thanksgiving of last year I left my ex and moved in with my mom to help with my grandparents who were getting more and more sick by the month. I didn't let myself completely go during this time but lost weight slowly and inconsistently.

Needless to say it's been almost a year since I left my daughter's father. My daddy-0 (grandpa) passed away just over 2 months ago, and my mommy-grams passed away a month ago tomorrow. I'm now in the position to be completely selfish with my health so i'm definitely taking advantage of it. I've now lost a total 38 lbs and because it's taken so long I don't see a huge difference but I definitely feel better. I'm also doing the c25k program and even though i'm about to end week 1 I already feel stronger and more confident. I'm also starting school in the spring, and trying to date again so I want to look and feel fabulous.

I know this is completely random but I want to shout from the rooftops how proud I am of myself for changing the path I was on into the path that I should be on. Health and Happiness, what more could I ask for?

Replies

• spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing fantastic! The first step in weight loss is to make up your mind to do it. No excuses, no self pity. Just accept where you are and know that you are on the right path to where you need to be. I'm sorry about the loss of your grandparents, but I have to say that I admire you for taking care of them. Your life is headed in a new and positive direction. Stay focused and keep us posted. I think you rock!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Change is a hard thing! I'm sorry to hear about your losses! Be proud of yourself for realizing you were in a bad situation, and making that leap to have a better life! Sooo proud of you! So go ahead, and shout as loud as you can from those rooftops, and look below at all of your supporters cheering you on!
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm still on week 1 of C25K and it does wonders for my mental health. I feel stronger each time I jog!

Stay focused, you are doing great!
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    Congratulations Gurl!!!
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So shout it...shout it out loud...turn up the radio in your car and just praise yourself, as we are all proud of you on here. We'll shout with you. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!