20 somethings, students, nurses?

Options
Hello all!

I'm new here. Giving MFP a chance after many started and failed attempts to do something about my weight. I'm looking for friends to help motivate me on this journey and I'd be happy to return the favor! I'm 21 years old and a nursing student. I'd love to have some friends who are similar to me and understand some of the circumstances (stress, busy schedule, convenience, peers who have bad eating habits but has no effect on them, etc.) that make controlling my weight difficult. If you fit that criteria, or if you don't and you just want to be friends, I'm okay with that too ;) ... Add me, I'd love some motivation on this journey!

ETA: I'm 5'7 and weigh 267. My intermediate goal is 200 and my overall goal is 160ish, I'll evaluate that when I get closer.. I'd love some people with similar goals.

Replies

• cindyellis9404
    cindyellis9404 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Although I am not in Nursing school I am a college student, I completely understand what you are going through. My mom is a nurse and it is hard to be in health care. You have already taken the first step to a healthier happier you, congratulations!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I think I fit this! I'll be 23 this month, and I'm a nurse. :)

Good luck with nursing school and reaching your goals!

Feel free to add me...-I'm on here daily & I post regularly. If you send a request, just please be sure to add a message to let me know where you found me!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in med school so I definitely get the stress thing! I always thought it would be *impossible* to stick to a calorie goal and make it through exam periods, but I've proven myself wrong- yay! I added you- anyone else, feel free to add me!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hey there;
    I am not a nursing student but I am a Urban Planning one :bigsmile: I am 154cm tall so Im a shorty...
    Feel free to add! :happy: