I'm doing NO SCALE October

Options
I don't know about you but if I gain .5 but lose 3 inches I somehow become delusional and get down on myself. I feel free when I don't weigh. I trust what I am doing will work and lead me to my healthy goals. Feel free to join me and keep up on your progress here. Next weigh in....Nov 1st :)

Replies

• needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Weighing once a month has been the most liberating thing for my weight loss. I always stay within calories, if not for the day, certainly for the week and I, too, trust that I'm doing the right thing, so I've stopped worrying about the weight. I'm not going to lie, I've been at a major plateau since June even though I still have 65 lbs to get to goal. But I'm in this for the long term/life so it is what it is and I'm finished obsessing about the scale.:smile:
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I "obsess" over the scale like crazy and I love it. All that data to make adjustments and find trends makes me really happy.

Not detracting from what you want to do... just providing a different perspective. Weighing often isn't bad for everyone.

enjoy your october!
  • aculyamber
    Options
    This is a really cool idea! I think I might join you! I need a new scale anyway (mine's inaccurate), so hey; I might even get rid of it all together until the end of the month! Good luck to you! :)
  • LindaEMarsden
    Options
    Not obsessed by the scales is my mantra! But when I don't weigh I gain so I know my routine x
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow thats brave.
  • ChristinaOfDecember
    Options
    You are my hero.....
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight, but I can feel both my stomach and thigh muscles getting stronger and I'm not so flabby. So after a while I gave up the scale daily, or even twice a day. And started the once a month.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I figure eh, it's only a month. If I don't like it, I can always weigh in November . My husband hates hearing " I gained .02!!!!!" And with fluctuations it's so dumb to get down about it but for some reason I just cant help it :(
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YOU'RE WILD!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but the fluctuations don't bother me since I expect them. I just look for an overall downward trend. Good luck with October!
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You're mad, MAD I tell you! lol x
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    stronger than i am. i cant help but to weigh myself every day. i dont get all crazy because i see a steady downward trend. still wish i had the UMPH to wait at least a week or even a month to see a big big number drop on the scale. but i dont. lol. good luck tho. sounds like you got this.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am going to do it. It's weird, if I'm down in weight I somehow think is okay to go off my eating plan.... Can't do that anymore. Fellow participants, add me for support!!!
  • IMarieB
    IMarieB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal for October. Since I am only trying to lose 9 pounds they are the hardest. I will weigh in November 1st I hate the scale and it can honestly ruin my entire day if it doesn't show a number I like.
  • CAME1
    CAME1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll be with you on this one, I'm planning to work out 1hour a day 6 days a week and absolutely no scale until Nov.
    I too obsess over the scale. Add me!! :)
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am doing this as well for October - I too have a lousy most difficult 10lbs to go so - the scale can drive you mad
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I "obsess" over the scale like crazy and I love it. All that data to make adjustments and find trends makes me really happy.

I'm the same way!! I think MFP has released my inner OCD person. :-
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im gunna do it too! Feel free to add :)
  • baronesss
    baronesss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hahahahahah believe me when i say im also on this...the last time i went on the scale was 2 weeks ago and im not going on it till Nov 1st! dropdead! hahahaha and to think i work with scales every single day! Good luck to us!
  • HKHAN1982
    HKHAN1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, u are very brave! I would like to try once a week before I go for once a month ;) Have to hit my 15-20 lbs weight loss goal by the end of the year so need to make sure i'm losing atleast a pound a week. Right now I check a couple times a week, if not every day. Want to be able to get to once a week soon, but good luck to you! :)