Would I look good in these workout capris or not?

Options
marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
I think these are really cute, but I'm wanting some honest answers because I'm not sure if I can pull them off or not lol.
http://www.zappos.com/nike-twisty-printed-crop-neutral-grey-black (but in the blue/ green color)

I'm 5'9, 160 and around 25% body fat. I have a couple full body shots on my profile :)

Thanks!

BTW I've got pretty thick skin, so be honest.

Replies

• 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Those are soo Cute!! Buy them and wear them with confidence. I'm sure your butt will look hot and the high waist is so flattering. Other girls will want them!
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    THey'd look good on you.

(me, on the other hand, not so much!)

Buy them and wear them with confidence xx
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think you could. I'm short so think I'd look fatter in them.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you want to look like you just jumped out of an LMFAO video, rock that shizz!

Pants style, no problem on you, pants print . . . is that what kids are wearing to the gym these days?

I'm too old for these shenanigans!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you want to look like you just jumped out of an LMFAO video, rock that shizz!

Pants style, no problem on you, pants print . . . is that what kids are wearing to the gym these days?

I'm too old for these shenanigans!

LMFAO! :laugh:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Wowsers. They are definitely going to grab people's attention. Try them on & get an opinion of a friend (take 1 with you) or take a pic in the change room & post it to MFP?
  • marie_2454
    Options
    Lol thanks. I showed them to my bf and he said he didn't think they'd look good on me. He's never made me feel fat or anything before, but he got all weird when I asked why he thought they'd look bad. Especially since he likes when I wear yoga pants... But now there's this little tiny voice in the back of my head that's evilly whispering "what if he really does think I'm kinda fat?" He likes how Victoria Secret models look (even I can admit that they look good), but I don't even come close to looking like that (and honestly don't even have the desire or the musculature to get quite that tiny and am aiming for something a little more muscular).
  • marie_2454
    Options
    Wowsers. They are definitely going to grab people's attention. Try them on & get an opinion of a friend (take 1 with you) or take a pic in the change room & post it to MFP?

Unfortunately I haven't seen them in stores where I live. :( Otherwise I'd take my brutally honest aunt or cousin :laugh:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Funny - I was just checking out the pants of a girl at my gym tonight. She always wears the most wild yoga pants and just rocks them. I don't think I could pull it off like she does but she's got great confidence. If she owns a pair of plain yoga pants I've never noticed but I've seen her in at least 3 pairs of very interesting ones!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You never know unless you try them on. This may be a guy's point of view, but those pink ones look atrocious - the others look alright.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks. I showed them to my bf and he said he didn't think they'd look good on me. He's never made me feel fat or anything before, but he got all weird when I asked why he thought they'd look bad. Especially since he likes when I wear yoga pants... But now there's this little tiny voice in the back of my head that's evilly whispering "what if he really does think I'm kinda fat?" He likes how Victoria Secret models look (even I can admit that they look good), but I don't even come close to looking like that (and honestly don't even have the desire or the musculature to get quite that tiny and am aiming for something a little more muscular).

When a boy cares enough to hesitate before he answers you, take it a sign of consideration and kindness. I think males have a 'spidey sense' for the female catch-22, 'I do not know what is wrong. I'm not sure what I did. But right now, all I know is anything I say at this moment will be deemed the wrong answer . . . I must tread carefully.' I think this unconsciously happens to them when they appear to 'get all weird'.

Unfortunately, we ladies have a knack for wording no-win questions. If he says he does not like the style or the pattern, it's like he just insulted your sense of fashion. If he says. 'I don't think they'll look nice on you', he just insulted your body type.

No matter what a guy says in a situation like that the female, whom he cares enough about to actually think before he speaks, might get her feelings hurt. Guys who like us, do not like to hurt us, so yeah, weirdness ensues. Do not let that little nagging voice get to you, that's your voice, not his. His voice is trying to protect you, for whatever that's worth. (I usually think it's worth a lot. At 37, the nice guys are worth more than gold.)
  • marie_2454
    Options

. Do not let that little nagging voice get to you, that's your voice, not his.

This is possibly the best thing I've heard all day lol. He's super sweet and very considerate and I know he didn't mean anything bad by it. I actually didn't even ask what he thought, just told him I liked them. Now I'm just projecting...ugh!
  • Smudge_
    Smudge_ Posts: 17
    Options
    no.
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Judging by your 7th pic, yes. I'd say go with the black pair though.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    Im with your BF on this one, I dont like them. Thats probably all he is thinking is that they are too out there!!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you like them, then you get them.

I personally prefer the black and grey print. They are wild enough for me (but I am 45!).
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    I think you'd look good in those pants. Go for it!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think they're horrific. But that's just a personal opinion. Whether you'd look good in the shape I say yes but it's the style I have an issue with.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    the pants yes, the print - not sure, might be unflattering?
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I personally do not like them. But not meaning they wouldn't look good on you. Just meaning that I would never wear them. If you like them, buy them, wear them and be confident! : )

After reading through some of the other posts I wanted to add:

Your boyfriend probably said they wouldn't look good because of the print. That's print is a little obnoxious for some peoples taste so that could be all that he was meaning. Not that you wouldn't look good in the fabric or cut.