Protein ice cream

brittanybotsford
brittanybotsford Posts: 20 Member
I've been trying to find ways to get more protein in my day because I realized I wasn't getting nearly enough. So, today I mixed one scoop of my Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow Protein powder into one container of Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek Yogurt (I used the mixed berry flavor) and then I froze it. It was so delicious! I felt like I was eating ice cream and I got 35g of protein! Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    WOW! what a good idea :) You should share this in the ifit-in challenge group!!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Yes! I've been doing that for the past week or 2, using almond milk greek yogurt, pumpkin puree and a scoop of genisoy protein powder. of course it's somewhat less than dairy greek yogurt would give you, but it's a nice boost. sometimes I throw in a TB or 2 of cocoa, carob or powdered peanut butter. I do different variations depending on what I feel like having (favorite so far is vanilla greek, pumpkin, vanilla protein, pumpkin spice, 2T cocoa or carob - heck yeah!)

but you're right, it's delicious.. and with the added pumpkin it's a MASSIVE portion for about 250cal, probably over twice the volume you could eat in ice cream for 250cals, and a lot more nutritious too. it's quickly becoming the treat I look most forward to :D
  • brittanybotsford
    brittanybotsford Posts: 20 Member
    Oh YUM! I did not even think about adding pumpkin! I have some Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl protein and I bet that would be delicious with pumpkin in it.