Same old posts on the forum

Options
mcibty
mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
Hey all,

The longer I use MFP for, obviously the more I see a circulation of the same topics and questions from newbies. I know a lot of my FL get annoyed by this, but it does make me wonder... What else would you rather be talking about??

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I work night shift and so I read the forums every night I have to say I totally agree its the same topics every night! Under the success stories I notice there is usually repitition between about 20 individuals who post there stories all the time, this is motivating but it would be nice to see some new stories and faces of success. Under Nutrition and Exercise the topics are usually repetitive as well :(

Everyone needs to do things their own way so the information out there is still useful, but It would be nice to have some way to communicate with people you havent met in your local areas to help with fitness goals you could discuss different local events and what not without having to add strangers in the area on as friends
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Feel free to start a topic that is new and exciting and that we haven't seen before.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Feel free to start a topic that is new and exciting and that we haven't seen before.
    This
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That actually doesn't annoy me at all. I have this power and ability to not open threads that don't interest me.
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Is it even possible to talk about something new?
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options

^^^^ yup^^^^
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My question is more geared to those who actively complain, but I do wonder what else there is to talk about other than the usual. Otherwise surely it'd already be covered, and then we're getting into a bit of a paradox.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

^^^This
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Ok, watch out for a new topic on this forum. Going to be called breaking wind
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is why a lot of people stick to the chit-chat, fun, and games forum. The odds of seeing a new topic are more likely.

Sadly, this one falls in the "same old posts" category, I'm afraid.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Topic inception.

Another post about the same old posts on the forums.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it, we are born and then we die. It's what we do in between is what tells the story.

All the threads start the same but the posters decide how they go.

A history teacher will be teaching the same material over, and over, and over, and over...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    boobs . . . no that's been discussed

how about tasteful side boob to be more specific . . . no that's been discussed too

close up pictures of body parts? no that's been discussed

family? no that's been discussed

pregnancy? nope, been there

cauliflower? nope, seen it a million times

competition of any sort? hum, nope general it's been discussed

clutch curling? Yeah, let's talk about clutch curling.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That actually doesn't annoy me at all. I have this power and ability to not open threads that don't interest me.

what is this wizardry?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If anything we need more of the same - would you spank, pinch, tickle, spoon, or caress the person above you? What breed of dog most resembles the person above you? Which famous serial killer does the person above you resemble? Would you marry, kiss, slap, sneer at, or assault the person above you? Who is your MFP crush? Lurk at the favorite pic of the person above you. Guess the body fat % of the person above you.

These threads are exactly what one would expect on a health and fitness message board, and I attribute most of my success to the content of these threads!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would rather talk about hyperminimalist architecture. Any takers?
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options

Go on.....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Go on.....

So, there's this new style of architecture. Never seen before. You know, it's like hyperminimalist. There is so little building involved that you just live in the forest. It's so cutting edge.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Is that like clean eating but for buildings?
  • tomoswilding
    tomoswilding Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a thread entitled: "A Unicorn with the feet of a lion and the rear end of a panda who's really getting in to jogging VS Chuck Norris with Jessica Alba's breasts, a hamstring injury and a pumpkin latte obsession: Who would lose 20lbs first?"

You have to admit it would be something new. And a lot less random and more constructive than a lot of the threads on here!