"Insanity"

Options
Hi! I just started Insanity & im wondering if anyone has done it & if so what are your thoughtsnof it? Ive had many people telling me im gonna blow my knees out & its not a good idea, this coming from a couple nurses. Also, is it normal to be shakey & feel like throwing up after doing it?? I appreciate any opinions on this, thank you! :happy:

Replies

• mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have just finished 60 of Insanity and all I got to say, it was incredible. Near instant results, continuous improvement, motivation, energy, weight loss, and I am pretty sure Insanity cleaned my toilet a couple of times. That is how good it is. I don't know where people get this ruin your joints, knees thing from. I started when I was 289 lbs, and granted I am a kinda active person, I never had any sore joints (muscles, that is a different story). If you do anything without using proper body mechanics you're going to eventually hurt yourself. Use proper form and you will no problems.

Yes it tough, tough in the beginning and tough at the end, but that is because you are always pushing to do just a little bit more than you did last week. Unlike many other exercise there is no number of reps, you go till you cannot go anymore, then push out one more. In the beginning, if you go to hard you will feel shakey and nausea, but that will happen if you shovel to fast as well.

Some people have said they never lost much weight but really notice the inches drop off. I had success in both departments. Lost about 20 lbs and 4-5 inches of my waist. Way more energy, you get to eat way more food than you could before (with my weight I would burn 700-1000 calories at the end), you will feel amazing after you are done 60 days. Best of luck.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just completed my first round and thoroughly enjoyed it so much I am now doing my own hybrid version of it. I believe that a lot of people forget to concentrate on their form and try to keep up with the ones in the video and that is when injuries happen, when you do the workouts concentrate on your form first and foremost once you have the form correct speed will then come naturally. If you do have any issues with your knees try to modify the moves until you have started to get used to it i.e push ups on knees instead of full push up position.

Even after my first round I still cannot keep up with the ones in the video on all of the moves. If you are doing the videos on an empty stomachs try to have a banana or something else that is light on your stomache and has carbs 15-30 mins before starting and see if that stops you from feeling shaky after you have finished. Also keep a check on your heart rate just to make sure it is not getting too high as the videos are very cardio intensive. You may find as well that you may need to up the calories that you are having to fuel the extra work that you are expecting your body to do. There are some helpful posts within the stickys on working out your calorie requirements.

If you are concerned at all about any of your joints or the shaky feeling you are getting it may be best to consult with your M.D to rule out any other issues before continuing the program.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am about to attempt Insanity for the second time. The first time I got to week 7 and had to give up.

It is a brilliant program, last time I lost a load of inches and really enjoyed (and hated) it. You really need to take measurements and photos to compare befores and afters.

Will send you an FR
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 cycles of Insanity and I'm now doing T25.

I had great results with Insanity...lost inches and weight and began to get cut. I can understand why someone would tell you that you will ruin your knees, because there is a lot of jumping involved. It's important to concentrate on your form, and if you have bad knees to begin with invest in some braces. The important thing is to make sure you go at YOUR pace. Don't try to follow the pace of the video. If you have to take a break, then take a break. You have to remember that the people in the video are at or close to peak fitness and unless you are as well it is almost impossible to keep up.

There were times I felt nausea after workouts, but that happened mostly in the beginning. When it did happen I would listen to my body and rest a bit and then continue.
  • hollypollywog
    hollypollywog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advise & inspiration, :smile: