Cant get enough protein some days

Options
Hey eveyone quick question im currently bulking but some days i just cant get enough protein throughout the day...
Is it bad if you fail to reach your protein needs once in a while and what would you suggest me to do in order to maximize my gains when i cannot get enough protein ?

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just eat plenty of lean meats, it shouldn't be hard to hit your protein goal if you do this. If you don't get the sufficient protein you won't recover properly.
  • stamos1
    stamos1 Posts: 18
    Options
    i see ... allright thanks :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    For a quick hit of protein have a scoop or two of whey mixed into a total 0% 170g greek yoghurt. Around 40g of protein in one go :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey eveyone quick question im currently bulking but some days i just cant get enough protein throughout the day...
    Is it bad if you fail to reach your protein needs once in a while and what would you suggest me to do in order to maximize my gains when i cannot get enough protein ?

what is your protein goal and what do you usually eat?
  • stamos1
    Options
    Im trying to get 160g of protein daily....
    umm i usually eat meat a lot of milk eggs and cheese
    but well some days i also eat beans chick peas and lentils.. so those days i just cant get enough protein because im out of meat and stuff
  • stamos1
    Options
    :D thanks for your reply but i prefer not to use whey powder and stuff i find them a bit unhealthy
    but as a last resort i might think of buying some of it so i can get enough protein every day
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Fish has plenty of protein.
    If you really struggle, get some protein powder.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    i prefer not to use whey powder and stuff i find them a bit unhealthy

Why d'you think so?
  • karolinacorrea
    karolinacorrea Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had very same problem. I just keep small cans of tuna (in water)around. They are packed with protein. I like them best when I get back home from the gym!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Im trying to get 160g of protein daily....
    umm i usually eat meat a lot of milk eggs and cheese
    but well some days i also eat beans chick peas and lentils.. so those days i just cant get enough protein because im out of meat and stuff

sounds like you just need to plan a bit better so you're not out of protein!

also, if you log your food in the morning, you can tweak your meals so that you are hitting your goal. i use powder sometimes, but generally if i set my meals round the protein first i can get enough in without too much trouble. skimmed milk is great for protein without too many cals. or normal milk if you have the cals!
  • stamos1
    Options
    Thank you ..! Yea im gonna do that ;)
  • stamos1
    Options
    Well a friend of mine used supplements and stuff and he ended up fat.. he was also bulking !
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    i prefer not to use whey powder and stuff i find them a bit unhealthy

Why d'you think so?

Considering I can see your diary, I'm very interested in this question.
  • stamos1
    Options
    hmm...I dont like fish that much but i m gonna add some tuna too in my diet
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Well a friend of mine used supplements and stuff and he ended up fat.. he was also bulking !

he ended up fat because he ate too much... not because of supplements or protein powder!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Not sure what your friend was taking/eating, but protein powder is just that--protein. I'm working on a bulk as well and my saily protein goal is 150g/day. I took a break from logging for a few days, but you can check out my diary from Monday, yesterday, and (most of) today. I tend to prelog most of my food--some things I make up as I go along.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Consider investing in a whey protein powder possibly.. I understand it can be hard to meet your protein needs, but it is quite important you do
  • stamos1
    Options
    Okay... ;) how much do they cost ? are they expensive? because im on a tight budget
  • stamos1
    Options
    oh yea i did check it out
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration from TrueNutrition.com (specifically in the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor). It's delicious and around 11 bucks a pound. Even mixed with just water and chilled with ice, it's delicious.

Note: I don't have any connection with TrueNutrition. I just like their stuff.