What do you add to your protein shakes?

Options

Replies

• RTimeFitnessAndNutrition
    Options
    oh and i add PB2....aweosme stuff!!! and ALOT LESS CALORIES than REGULAR PB!!!!
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Flax seeds!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I add matcha green tea,lactose free milk and fresh fruit. I like the Dymatize Protein Powder really well right now. With their Banana Nut one I add Matcha Green Tea Powder,Banana Nut Powder,Lactose Free Milk and Fresh Banana....With the Blueberry Muffin one I add Blueberry Powder,Matcha Green Tea Powder,Fresh Blueberries,Lactose free milk, am trying the Chocolate Fudge one now so tomorrow am gonna add Matcha Green Tea Powder,Choc Fudge Powder,Seedless Cherries,and Lactose Free Milk. Oh and the Dymatize Powder I really like is the Dymatize Elite XT one seems to work really well for me :)
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    What brand are you using? That makes a big difference. I use Jay Robb's 100% whey vanilla. I typically add half a banana to thicken it, some ice to make it really cold, and then whatever flavorings - right now I'm on a Crystal Light cherry pomegranate kick so I'm adding a bit of that to it and it tastes very yummy. You can flavor them that way. You can also add coffee if you like a cold coffee drink.

Do a search for protein shake recipes - there are a ton of suggestions!
  • IShowUp4Me
    IShowUp4Me Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY optimum french vanilla with craystal light packet added for flavor....I use blender cup full of ice and water ...I like my shakes watered down... its so yummy with the crystal light....and in the AM for a KICK I add Energy ones to get My Caffeine kick in too
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Download the recipes from shakeology.com
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mct oil
  • drams5
    drams5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you, some amazing ideas, especially love the coffee ideas, I think I need to switch my protein powder to vanilla to be able to make them though :)

If you like coffee, Reaction Nutrition has a seasonal pumpkin spice latte flavor out right now. It is soooo good with unsweetened almond milk. I wake up craving it in the mornings. Sometimes I add a little coffee as well. I haven't had great luck adding protein powder to my coffee (for me it clumps really badly) but if I mix a chocolate or vanilla protein powder with water and then just add a little coffee, it's good. Good luck!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Berries.
    Nut butters.
    Almond milk.
    Coffee.
    Green tea.
    Yogurt.
    Pumpkin.
    Cinnamon.
    Vanilla/coconut extract.
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    oh and i add PB2....aweosme stuff!!! and ALOT LESS CALORIES than REGULAR PB!!!!

Oh god, yes! That stuff is brilliant!

I like to add Nescafe Classico instant coffee. What can I say, I'm a caffeine addict!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    protein powder vanilla 1 scoop
    ground flaxseed 1 tsp
    miralax fiber 1 tsp
    coconut oil 1TBSP
    8 oz fresh OJ
    blueberries 3/4 c
    cherries 4 pcs
    vit C powder1 tsp
    banana 1/4

wakes me up!
  • Omakitkat
    Omakitkat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smdiegelman
    smdiegelman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    @bitethesun....I love my Herbalife Chocolate Protein Drink Mix! It tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty :-D

OK, NOW you've got my attention - I love Wendy's Frosties!!!!
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Protein and water..... yum!! mixes smooth and quick. but if im after a "shake" ill add 2 scoops protein, whole milk(1/2 cup), a few ice cubes, 1/2 banana, and 2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter. loads of protein, and good carbs/fat....
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of good ideas there! :tongue:
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some delicious sounding ideas here.
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    mix it with almond milk and flax seed oil for better mouth feel. i love the term mouth feel...
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump, need to add variety to my morning shake