how much can I expect my face to change from weight loss

Options
Do you think that if I lose 40 pounds (going from 180 to 140) my face will appear a lot thinner. I would think so.

Also, how much did your face change after losing weight?

Replies

• capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I aged ten years
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, and there's no way to really know where the fat is going to come off, when. My face thinned out quite a bit more than I expected it to, and much earlier in the process than I expected, but your experience may be different.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i have been told i am almost unrecognizable now... i have kids in high school, and was treated with disrespect last week by an office lady assuming i was one of my daughters "buddies"... i was told that i did not need to walk her to the office, and that i needed to go back to class... oh boy, i wasnt happy...
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is where people say they can tell if you lost weight or not, is in the face.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit...

29196_430631111209_6482598_n.jpg

to this...

582061_10151102177021210_1123944975_n.jpg
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm practically unrecognizable to people who I don't see daily. With 40 pounds to lose, there will probably be some degree of change to your face, but without knowing where your fat is distributed, it's difficult to say with certainty how different it will be.
  • ChristinaOfDecember
    Options
    I lost in total 40 pounds and I got 10 years younger. All think I am 24 XDXDXD
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Its like asking how are you going to look after you loose 40lbs. Obviously it is going to be very different.
  • TomDonis
    TomDonis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Before: 242 lbs
    After: 154 lbs
    Loss: 88 lbs
    Time frame: 10 months

I'm still getting used to my face. It sometimes looks a little gaunt/thin/sickly I guess. I like to think it's still settling in. I feel fantastic however

r4bC9Fj.png
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mine lost quite a bit, including my double chin. I went from the 170s to a current maintenance range of 120-123lbs and my face is very thin now. I'm still getting used to it.
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My Face was the first place I lost it...Same with my Husband.. I don't have any before and after face shots but its quite noticeable.. annoying thing is i hate my nose and I just think it makes it more pronounced now i have a thinner face ha! never happy!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    <--- almost 60lbs... my neck and my face slimmed quite a bit!
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It's typically the first place you and other people notice. It can be dramatic sometimes depending on how much weight you lose.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Obviously everyone is different in this area, whether you start really big or relatively average like you are.

I'm the type who always had a normal/average face even at my heaviest. Only when I was at 300 lb did I even have a HINT of a double chin. From 280 to now (218) my face looks pretty much the same. Neck, too. I do think I look slightly older in the face due to weight loss but it's a price I am willing to pay. I'm 36 and when I was at 260-270 people always assumed I was in my twenties. Now they guess me around 30.

Meanwhile, my best friend's all-time high weight is 170 and she still has a very full face, double chin, etc, at 130. It has changed some, but not much.

I know another woman whose face looks completely different going from (estimated) 180-190 down to 130. Her nose is a totally different shape, and she used to appear to have a round face and now it's very oval.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My face has slimmed down dramatically. Another interesting loss....my feet!! Yes, I've even had to buy new shoes!! Hadn't really thought about that!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you take the weight off gradually you'll hardly notice. Its when people lose weight very quickly that it comes off the face first and can be very aging.
    I think my face looks ok despite it now looking 'slim', its not gaunt but even if it was, it would be preferable to being heavy - cos when I was heavy I had no energy and was unfit - now I am FULL OF BEANS lol

Well done for making the decision to lose weight - you will reap the benefits in numerous ways :)

ps my fingers lost weight and my rings became loose.
    My wrists got 'thinner' so I had to use a smaller notch on my watch - the LAST notch!
    my chest! down two sizes and still plenty there lol
    and I'm slowly having to replace ALL my clothes!! expensive but thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding :-D
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    431581_400612520008532_249971098_n.jpg
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Before: 242 lbs
    After: 154 lbs
    Loss: 88 lbs
    Time frame: 10 months

I'm still getting used to my face. It sometimes looks a little gaunt/thin/sickly I guess. I like to think it's still settling in. I feel fantastic however

r4bC9Fj.png

If it makes you feel any better, it probably just looks gaunt/thin/sickly to YOU. I think you look healthy and handsome! We are our own worst critics. Glad you're feeling fantastic though :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    If you take the weight off gradually you'll hardly notice. Its when people lose weight very quickly that it comes off the face first and can be very aging.
    I think my face looks ok despite it now looking 'slim', its not gaunt but even if it was, it would be preferable to being heavy - cos when I was heavy I had no energy and was unfit - now I am FULL OF BEANS lol

Well done for making the decision to lose weight - you will reap the benefits in numerous ways :)

I think this is true. I have gone from 307 to 218 in 5 years and like the way I look.
    When I was in college and right after, I went from 299 to 227 in a few months and I looked really strung-out and my eyes appeared hollow and huge. It was not attractive.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My dad has lost 10lbs (still obese) and it's almost entirely in the face. I just lost 20lbs (from top of normal to middle of normal) and it was only in the last 3lbs that there was a change in my face, though it's pretty noticeable. My mom has lost 37lbs (top of overweight to top of normal) and her face hasn't changed at all.

It's not even genetics, it's a total crapshoot where you'll lose weight from.