Overate at breakfast!! What now?!

Options
So I had my normal breakfast, and then ate a banana and two prepackaged cupcake snacks! S disappointed, but what now? Has anyone ever done this?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Yes, it happens to everyone. We all have bad moments/days/weeks. Move on. In the bigger picture of the next 10+ years, do you really think a banana and 2 cupcakes are going to matter much?

Eat less the rest of the day, get in a good workout to burn some extra calories (gotta love penance cardio), or just forget about it and make better decisions the rest of the day.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    eat good rest of day, balance it out :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I would just work out to burn those nasty extra calories. Just remember to follow the plan the rest of the day. Yes I have done it before.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? Just move on!
  • dehumanised1
    dehumanised1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What jacksonpt said...

Even if you're not in a big workout sort of mood, just go for a walk. Keep up a brisk pace and an hour's walking can burn you a solid 400 calories. Find yourself a good 3-4 mile route, get some upbeat music on, and just knuckle down to it.

If you plan your meals in advance, then just stick with what you already have written down, but if you don't have a plan for lunch and dinner today, maybe just take out one item here or there that you might have eaten and you can make those calories up no problem.

Good luck =)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Yes, it happens to everyone. We all have bad moments/days/weeks. Move on. In the bigger picture of the next 10+ years, do you really think a banana and 2 cupcakes are going to matter much?

Eat less the rest of the day, get in a good workout to burn some extra calories (gotta love penance cardio), or just forget about it and make better decisions the rest of the day.

"penance cardio" I thought I was the only one that did this!!
  • glamasjr
    glamasjr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's not that big of a deal really. Just go a little harder with your workouts and maybe add an extra 5-10 minutes as well. You'll be as good as new :bigsmile:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    binge.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great. Now I want some cupcakes!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Delete your character and re-roll.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow that's it???

Look at my breakfast on MOnday....940 calories...no joke...all before 9am

It was yummy and filling...I still managed to stay within my goal (actually had 65 left at day end) mind you it was so filling I didn't need lunch and had a greek yogurt for a snack at about 4pm.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, just maybe take a walk at lunchtime and again in the evening. It's no biggie :)
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh just thought; you might want to have a think about *why* you ate the cupcakes in the first place?

Maybe you're not having enough brekkie or whatever, try to avoid doing whatever it was that led you to eating the cakes?

Anyways, don't stress, it'll be fine
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    So I had my normal breakfast, and then ate a banana and two prepackaged cupcake snacks! S disappointed, but what now? Has anyone ever done this?

Yes i've done this before! Gawd i was bit dissapointed in myself but it's not the end of the world, things like these happens to me & most dieters i believe. I guess was too hungry so i ate more. On that day I overate I spent more time in the gym say another 20mins running,
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    In my experience, when I eat more at breakfast I'm much less hungry the rest of the day, so it balances out.

I had a 700 calories breakfast this morning... My goal is 1650. But I'm sure I'll be fine (it's been 3 hours since I ate and I'm still not hungry one bit).