Pity party

Options
I know why I gained weight this past week. I have eaten terribly. I have ate Mcdonald's, Wendy's and pizza. I am sad that I am having such a hard time doing this. It seems like I cannot get it together enough. I lost over 80 pounds so I CAN do it, but these last 40 pounds are so hard.
There is no real purpose to my post, but to whine and cry. I exercise six days a week, but I cannot figure out the perfect number of calories for myself. I have done 1200, 1500, 1650, 1800, 2080, and even 2200 briefly.
Frustration has arrived today. :(

Replies

• about_time_4_change
    Options
    80 pounds is a huge accomplishment! Way to go!!!!!!!!! One thing that I have learned is you cannot beat yourself up over a food choice. If you never indulge in what you crave, you are more likely to go on a huge binge. Just focus on the here and now and decide what you are going to eat today.

I still have about 40 pounds to lose. If you want to add me, I'd be more than happy to take this journey with you. :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 80 lost!!

You need to find a number and stick with it for at LEAST 6 weeks.

I'd go with a higher number if you are active. Check out the online TDEE calculators and take a 10-15% cut from your TDEE. Give it time!!
  • nanachele68
    Options
    Don't focus on the bad..... You have lost 60 pounds.... That in itself is amazing..... You know you got this..... Just get your head back in the game. You've done 80 so 40 you got this girl. We all have bad weeks. Mine was last week trying to rearrange the rooms in my house trying to get it ready for honey's home dialysis, I was constantly on the go moving this and that trying to designate one room for him to do it in, some days I ate way too much, others I barely at all from the stress of it all. I have faith in you. Chin up butter cup..... .
  • nanachele68
    Options
    Correction 80 pounds... I have losst 60. LOL
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Correction 80 pounds... I have losst 60. LOL

60 is an awesome loss - congrats. So you know what you have done wrong........time to hop back on the train and get going. It will happen! :flowerforyou:
  • nmensen18
    Options
    We all have our bad days or week! Just remember every day is a new day!! You've come so far so keep at it!!! Inspiration to all of us!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We have those days...you just have to take a deep breath..forgive yourself...and start over fresh
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    80 pounds is wonderful! Congratulations!

Be patient, tolerant, and kind with yourself. Today is a brand new day. :heart: :smile:
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 80 pounds, that is an incredible accomplishment!

As you lose weight and get closer to your goal, it does get a little hard and it comes off slower because it's harder to create a deficit.

If you are craving Mcdonald's, Wendy's and pizza, adjust your calories to fit these in. I eat this kind of food frequently, I just try not to eat too much. Maybe your calorie budget it too low if you're fiding it difficult to stick to it. So maybe choose a calorie goal that is a smaller deficit from your TDEE - 10-15%. It's ok to lose slowly!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You're two thirds of the way there, don't worry the line to success is never straight, keep pushing!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Here is a good motivation quote I just read: "really successful people feel the same boredom and the same lack of motivation that everyone else feels. They don't have some magic pill that makes them feel ready and inspired every day. But the difference is that the people who stick with their goals don't let their emotions determine their actions. Top performers still find a way to show up, to work through the boredom, and to embrace the daily practice that is required to achieve their goals." So put the fast food binge behind you, and move on. Switch up your food choices, try some new healthy recipes, take a new workout class, do whatever it takes to re-inspire yourself. Don't give up! This is a journey. Even when you reach your end goal you will still have to work to maintain. Also remember to have patience when you try new calorie levels, it takes a while for your body to adjust :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This post is more inspiring than you know. I have lost 45 and have another 45 or so to go and I am in a slump right now as well. I see people on here just zooming away and it seems as if they never struggle or mess up and it makes me think that I will never get to where I want to be, because I do struggle and mess up. Your post just proves that you do go through slumps, but you get back that fire and carry on. You will get that fire back!!! Great job on the 80 pounds :)
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we slide off the path. It feels terrible, but we can't let it consume us. So you did bad the past weak. Does that mean you can't do good next week, the week after, or ever again? Nope. You've done awesome thus far. Keep pushing forward and be healthy with your body and your mind. If you slip up, don't beat yourself up. Just look at it and figure out why you slipped up. And the answer to the why is never that you're weak or have poor willpower. There's always a true root reason and that's what you want to identify. When you answer the why, apply it to your goals and keep on moving forward. You got this!
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my 2080 goal now. I am very active. I exercise six days a week. I go to the park daily for an hour with my kids. I run all over the place, average steps per day are 17,000. This is with a desk job as a writer.
    I know stress is getting to me. I know this. I know I need to learn to cope, better. Today I drank my morning smoothie, and had a banana as my snack. I will be eating a tuna sandwich on stone wheat bread shortly.
    I will try my best to conscientiously pick better food choices. I hate not having it together. It feels so out of control.
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the support. I really appreciate it. I feel so much more, umm normal?
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're frustrated, but I can tell you that I'm inspired by this post quite a lot. I'm almost 2/3 of the way to my goal, and I find myself increasingly impatient and disappointed with myself. Don't let it get you down. You've come so far and you will make it to your goal.