Lost weight very fast

Options
Hi everyone,

About a month ago I was 11 stone & 9 pounds. I decided to lose weight by running everyday for 30 mins. It's now 2nd October & I lost 1 stone in a month. I know I should be happy but what are the side effects of losing weight too quickly?

I did some Google searches and read that if you do lose weight quickly & you resume back to normal calorie intake you are likely to gain the weight back more quicker even if you go over say 200 calories more than your recommended calorie intake.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    We need a little more information, you only mention running everyday for 30mins, that alone would not be enough to lose over 6lbs in a month.

Are you also logging your calories in your food diary? If so, people are going to request that you make it available to the public.
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    We need a little more information, you only mention running everyday for 30mins, that alone would not be enough to lose over 6lbs in a month.

Are you also logging your calories in your food diary? If so, people are going to request that you make it available to the public.

My apologies, I'm a bit of a newbie. I am 5'6 25 year old male weighing around 10 stone 9 pounds. I set a calorie limit of 1, 450 a day I eat a very low fat diet, eat plenty of fruits & fish. I don't log my calories in my food diary. Should I be doing this on MFP?
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options

My apologies, I'm a bit of a newbie. I am 5'6 25 year old male weighing around 10 stone 9 pounds. I set a calorie limit of 1, 450 a day I eat a very low fat diet, eat plenty of fruits & fish. I don't log my calories in my food diary. Should I be doing this on MFP?

I suppose as long as you are keeping track of your calories on a piece of paper or something, it's not necessary to log it into your food diary in MFP, but it does make it a lot harder for people to help you.

While a low fat diet isn't need to lose weight, eating plenty of protein can help keep you feeling fuller, longer. Please remember that many vitamins are only fat soluble, which means that you must ingest fat in order to absorb them, so do not cut out good fats from your diet.

Examples of healthy fats are, nuts, avocados and olive oil.

According to your stats you:

Maintain your current weight with zero exercise on 1994 calories per day.

Eating 1450 calories a day plus 30 mins of running, you're probably running a deficit of around 700 calories per day, or 5.6lbs per month.

It's entirely possible that the first week you lose a little bit of water weight from your glycogen stores becoming depleted from dieting and exercising.

I would recommend upping your calories by at least 150 so you don't lose too much muscle, a 700 calorie deficit a day is a little aggressive considering you do not have very much weight to lose.
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    @ladynocturne thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

I think tomorrow im going to increase my calorie limit. On some days I don't have time to exercise so I hope 1994 or under 2000 calories per day will help me maintain my current weight.