Need advise with snacks

Options
I looking for a few snack ideas. I work full time at a desk job so it has to be something quick to eat. I normally eat protein, veggies and fruit with breakfast, lunch and dinner but have not idea what to eat healthy as a snack. For the past three weeks doing myfitnesspal, I have been eating English muffins with Almond butter, sunflower seeds, nuts or crackers, REALLY need to change it up and find something new to eat at 10:30am and 4:30pm. THANKS

Replies

• indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    piece of fruit plain yogurt or a protein snack bar will help you feel full for longer
  • PeanutButterLover1984
    Options
    Today as snacks I had Rivita & Houmous in the morning then in the afternoon a homemade oat bar.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, nuts, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese singles, raw veggies with ranch dressing, apple slices with peanut butter
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Apple season! I usually bring one in for my 3:00 snack.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    hummus with either crackers or carrots
  • linzchapates
    Options
    Grapefruit, apples, mandarin, 35 calorie yogurts, cheese sticks, hummus with celery, natural peanut butter with celery....there's lots to choose from! you get to be creative too, that' helps from geting bored with what you're eating!
  • sandradavis12914
    Options
    I eat cut up strawberries I put in a small bowl and apples. These are delicious.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Some yogurt with berries and a little granola.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I put frozen mango, pineapple and blackberries in Tupperware with 1 cup of Fage greek yogurt and sliced almonds on top. I make it every morning or the night before and it's perfect for breakfast or and afternoon snack.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter chicken wrap
    Kidney beans with tuna
    Greek yoghurt with oatmeal and nuts (or peanut butter)
    Turkey sandwich (no mayo or cheese, just turkey, cucumber and tomato)
    Oatmeal pancakes / cakes (prepared the day before)

Use your creativity :D
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    lettuce and meat/cheese wrap.
  • oktolose
    oktolose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I keep on hand Sargento's light Colby-jack cheese sticks, Jolly Time 100 calorie bag popcorn (actually 110 cal), low sodium V8 juice, diet Ocean Spray cranberry juice, sliced deli turkey breast, Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, kosher dill pickles, greek yogurt, fat free or low fat cottage cheese, coconut water. I like to spread some Laughing Cow cheese on a slice of turkey, add a spear of kosher dill, and roll it up. I don't eat very many bread products. I used to keep hard-boiled eggs on hand.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    These are my go to snacks for work - low fat cheese sticks; homemade fruit salad; mini pretzels(20); mini chocolate chips(2 TBPS); apples now are in season; hummus and celery, carrots, or crackers; yogurt w berries and/or granola; banana.

Added: I also sometimes make barley or brown rice or couscous w/ mixed steamed veggies (pepper, asparagus, zucchini, squash, onion, mushroom) and bring a half a cup of that to work for a snack.