Down 30+ lbs and it's not moving... =(

Options
ckemmis
ckemmis Posts: 51 Member
I've been lacking a lot of motivation these last couple of weeks. The scale hasn't moved since June, I've lost maybe 1/2 and inch and I'm just frustrated. But I have to remember this didn't happen overnight. I lost 30 pounds in a year once I actually started to workout. I would skip workouts for weeks, then workout for several weeks and got lucky because the weight just fell off, but now I'm at a stand still. I'm just trying to get my motivation back and I have to realize that if I don't keep working at it, it won't happen.

724e8273-3d2f-486b-b698-8427d82a075b_zps3c47cd94.jpg

Replies

• bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Stay motivated! You can do it. If it has been since June since you have lost, something isn't right. You should have lost since then.

Check out this great blog post that I refer to when I am stuck without losing for several months: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

If you are stalled for a month or two, that is normal, but after 4 months, you probably need to change something up.

Best of luck to you!
  • ataylo30
    ataylo30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know this may not be the best answer the motivate you daily but....

Every day you work out your body thanks you. Whether it lets go of pounds or inches, it thanks you for thinking about it and making it healthier.

Every day you work out your family thanks you, because the healthier your insides are the longer you will be around for them.

Every day you work out your heart, lungs, and muscles thank you. For letting them grow stronger and allowing them to help you when you may need them.

Whether the scale or tape measure move or not eating well and working out are helping your insides and those are what really matter.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!