Steampunk Wedding Vows?

Options
BL_Coleman
BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
I am doing a vow renewal in November ( 5 years married, 10 together) Anyone have any good idea of what to say? We do not want it to be too serious, this is supposed to be a fun celebration.

We are doing a steampunk theme. Any Ideas?

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    No ideas at the moment, but I do love the steampunk thing. Congrats!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Bump cause I wanna keep track of this!

Love all things Steampunk :wink:
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eee! Love it!! No clue what to say but this is awesome!
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maybe something cheesy like "You are the the cogs that keep me ticking" or "the captain of my airship"
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    lol...It should be fun...I figure worse comes to worse,we can go really cheesy..then hand out the free wine!
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Let us know what you come up with :)
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    go to www.pinterest.com and type "steampunk" in search bar. all the info you can stand right there.
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    lol...It should be fun...I figure worse comes to worse,we can go really cheesy..then hand out the free wine!

Orrr ... hand out free wine first, then you can be as cheesy as you want and everyone will think, "Brilliant!" :) Just a thought.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Steam punk is the hottest, coolest thing going right now. Love it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Steam punk is the hottest, coolest thing going right now. Love it!

Sorry to be a downer but I thought this in 2002 or so...wow
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Steampunk is an aesthetic and that's it. I don't see how there's anything you can SAY that would be steampunk-ish because there's no slang or dialect or unique speech patterns to it. It's a look and that's it.
  • Smudge_
    Smudge_ Posts: 17
    Options
    "let's stop dressing up like morons as we are fully grown adults"
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Maybe something cheesy like "You are the the cogs that keep me ticking" or "the captain of my airship"

Yeah, this is good. Cheesy but it does fit.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    In to see what you come up with.

Steampunk is mostly aesthetic but is set in the 19th century Victorian/Wild West era. Plenty of literature and movies to find quotes from and they did speak differently back then.

“I have been, am, in his service; I have seen his generosity and goodness; and I will never betray him-not for all the gold in the world. I have come from a village where they don't eat that kind of bread.”
    ― Jules Verne, Around The World In 80 Days, From The Earth To The Moon Direct, 200, 000 Leagues Under The Sea
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

awe beat me to it I promise to be the oil to your gears to slowly wind you up and never let you rust
  • michellechawner
    Options

^^ This.

But then again, look at Comi-con. Guess i'm just not into the whole playing dress up thing anymore.

But, in response to the OP's question - try googling 19th century love quotes, see what you can find. Or just be goofy like you are normally around him, nothing too classy, just relaxed and informal.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Because you are clearly a picture of maturity.

No judgement from me! Do what makes you happy. :) I would recommend just saying what comes fro myour heart and not worry about your vows fitting the theme.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I, for one, did not know what steampunk was! I had to look it up and it looks pretty cool!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    While not completely Steampunk, the What is Real? Quote from the Velveteen rabbit is cool and a bit left of centre, and it does talk about being 'wound up' etc.

“Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'

'Does it hurt?' asked the Rabbit.

'Sometimes,' said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. 'When you are Real you don't mind being hurt.'

'Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,' he asked, 'or bit by bit?'

'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”
    ― Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rab
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was gonna bump just to follow this, but heck you could just invite me to it. I am just down the road from you.:wink: