STINKBUGS!!!!!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
OMG I hate these little bazztards! They are getting into my house constantly! They freak me out and make my daughter crazy. The only way to kill them is to flush them since they stink so damn bad.

I've tried the DIY stinkbug trap, but it didn't work. Does anyone get them and what do you do to get rid of them???? And to those of you who don't know what they are..consider yourself LUCKY! These bugs are the worst! I HATE THEM!!!!!:mad: :explode:

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    The obvious solution: Burn down the house.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Move

OR

I think a exterminator might help
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I hate them too! I get them from time to time. They are awful. ICK. I have no solution but I agree with you on how terrible they are.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are these common in Ohio? I don't have them as far as I know.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    The obvious solution: Burn down the house.

LOL! Why didn't I think of that????:laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Are these common in Ohio? I don't have them as far as I know.

I am from Ohio but now live in PA. My parents live in Ohio and say they don't have them. They are lucky!
  • Cindy679
    Cindy679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I live in Northwestern PA and these things drive me BONKERS!!! They are everywhere. (Did you notice how they turned green in the summer?)

I bought one of those stink bug traps from home depot and the only thing it caught were those bugs with the pincher things on one end (I hate them, too). Don't really know what to tell you to get rid of them. We flush a lot of them and I'm always sucking up their little *kitten* in the sweeper, too.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Home Defense from walmart, lowes, home depot...comes in a white container and can be sprayed around pets
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I buy Demon WP from doityourselfpestcontrol.com

Kills all bugs, including stink bugs. Toasts scorpions and wolf spiders, too.

Humidity is high where I live, so I spray once a month outside and all around the perimeter. However, in the garage I only have to spray about every 3-4 months as the residual spray gets the little suckers every time. The spray dries nicely, doesn't leave any noticeable residue, and is highly effective.

Don't get mad....get even! :devil:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I spray bug spray around the windows and doors. Also, some of the pool cleaners have a chemical that repels all kinds of bugs. I buy the pool cleaners and throw handfuls under my house every 6 months. Any bugs that are hanging out under there run away! I even put it under my porch and around the perimeter of my yard.
  • Queen2ThreeKings
    Options
    Anyway, yeah these get into my house as well and I'm sealed tight even in summer. I just keep helping them back outside. Ick!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I live in eastern PA and they are pretty bad here. It's usually when the weather starts changing that they really try to come in the house. I flushed 3 of them this morning.

I hope stinkbug season doesn't last too long this year..
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me all that much now, but I used to despise the little buggers. I just scoop them up on a paper towel and either flush them or toss them back outside. I'm in Ohio and they are pretty awful this year. What still drives me nuts about them is that if I leave the windows on my car even cracked, they fly right in :mad:
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm in ohio and we've been getting quite a lot of these little pests. They say to seal any cracks in the house, make sure screens are in good condition and if they come in the house do not squish them. Suck them up in the vaccuum and immediately empty it into a plastic bag- tie it shut and put it outside in your trash can. The stuff they squirt attracts more stink bugs.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    don't have them here in Cali.

I see a move in your future!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i see your OSU avi. i'm in columbus also and there is currently 15-20 of these in my office glass atrium. gross central.
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I just learned to coexist... sorta. They're sneaky little *kitten* and hide everywhere. We have them super bad right now.
  • vrhamilton78
    Options
    As I look up out of my cubicle, I can see three trapped in the flourescent lighting right above my head. They sneak into my car while it's parked outside the office, so my ride home in the afternoon can be exciting. They seem to stick around on the windshield no matter HOW fast I'm driving. They. Won't. Die!

EWWWWWW.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    We don't have any in Missouri, at least where I am in Blue Springs. I had never heard of them until now.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I get them often, and yes, they do stink, especially when my cat munches one by mistake.
    Though my policy, with all bugs, is to catch it, and put it outside. :) It does get tedious though, but sometimes I put more than 10 bugs outside, mostly hornets and such.
    Bugs are good creatures. :)