Booze is my undoing!

Options
I work a job where I get free alcohol. I managed the first 3 months on MFP not drinking but I've slipped back into it. My weight loss has stalled, I'm getting very frustrated by my lack of control and the crap I consume when I drink.

I can't find a way back to take control. URGH!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    why not drink? if you are not excessively drinking then have one or two and have it fit in when you do it.

Loss of contol is a symptom of exclusion.
  • AllNewKim
    AllNewKim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my beer too!!! I am good all week, but weekends I tend to drink a few too many beers.
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    why not drink? if you are not excessively drinking then have one or two and have it fit in when you do it.

Loss of contol is a symptom of exclusion.

Alcohols and binge eating seem to go hand in hand for me, or at the very least; poor choice eating.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Stop taking home free alcohol? Or stop binge eating when drinking.. its all willpower.
  • crempel83
    Options
    Maybe if you got a little wine and watered it down with sparkling water? That's what I do now and I love it! It keeps me hydrated and keeps me drinking - I tend to be a bit of a guzzler when I drink so I find this really helps me not over do it.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Do you log when you drink to see where your cal limits are?

If I chose to drink a Blue WKD, one is about 228 cals, so I only have one or two and then thats it for me I'm afraid. If I had what I used to ( 4+ on a drink night ) I would be about 1000 cals over every time.
  • sarahinrichmond
    Options
    Me too! What I try and do is exercise enough to earn the calories in a glass of wine or a beer. At home I have been know to measure alcohol in the measuring cup to make sure the calorie count is accurate.

Also - I am always drinking water in between glasses of wine. Not only does this help with dehydration, but it ends up limiting the amount of alcohol I drink and keeps me from getting to the point where I would want a snack.

Good Luck!
  • lauriehouse
    lauriehouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I struggle a bit with this too. I've been only drinking once a week, and thats on a friday or saturday night. I haven't tracked the intake, but its usually 5 shots or 6 beers or so.

I want to cut back, but I also like my one day of drinking. Is that too much to drink in one day if I want to lose weight?