Huge NSV!

Options
apexgtp
apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
I dont post too much but I wanted to share a success story from yesterday. A year ago yesterday we started a "biggest loser" competition at work and I ended up losing about 30 lbs over the course of two consecutive competitions. Since then I've lost another 30 lbs or so. I started the competition at work at 264 and I ended up getting down to 203lbs. I've gained a little since I went on vacation a few weeks ago but that's another story. I wanted to tell you all what happened YESTERDAY, on the one year anniversary of my weight loss.

I walk in to the gym and use my badge to get in the door--as usual. A few minutes later the employee comes up to me and admitted that at first she thought I was pulling a fast one on her and that I was using someone else's badge to workout for free. But she said she kept looking at the picture on her screen and realized it really was me. The picture was from 2011 and I was a little heavier yet. So there was a huge difference to her! She said that they were going to be running a 10 second ad and asked if I wanted to be in it. They want to get a video of me doing some type of exercise and say that this is Joe Blow and he lost 60 lbs working out at _____(fitness center). I told them I would do it if I could convince my sister to be in the ad with me. She's also lost a lot of weight working out there and using this site. What sucks is my sister said yes so now I HAVE to do that ad haha. I'm nervous about doing it but it was a huge NSV to have the gym recognize the work that i've been doing. I give all credit to this site MFP. Without tracking my calories I wouldnt have succeeded at all!

Sorry for not posting pictures I'm not comfortable doing that quite yet. Maybe in another month or two!

Replies

• enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an awesome victory! Congratulations and keep up the great work :happy:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool! You'll do great! No worries!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thjat's a great NSV - now wait to be discovered from your screen debut :wink: . Well done x
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!!!! Great job to you and your sister. How exciting!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is crazy! Congratulations you! Can you at least give us a clue as to what market area your ad will play in so we can watch for you and your sister?
  • disallmann
    Options
    You need to ask for a discount to your gym for advertising for them. :wink:
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Congrats! See, you're hard work truly does pay off. Keep up the awesome work!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    How amazing! Keep it up and here's to your new "career" as "fitness model"! lol
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!!
    But what does NSV mean?:blushing:
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! From what I understand from the first conversation is that it will be on an electronic billboard in the busy part of town so it wont be a TV ad or anything like that. It'll be displayed only here in town

EDIT*

NSV = Non-scale victory!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non-scale victory. Something good that happens that doesn't have to do with the scale.

Congrats to both you and your sister! Keep up the good work.
  • cindalinka
    Options
    I give all credit to this site MFP. Without tracking my calories I wouldnt have succeeded at all!

You need to give yourself the credit! MFP is a great tool...if you use it. Which you did!!!

Your experience is amazing. What an incredible way for your hard work to be recognized.
  • smujambo
    smujambo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Excellent, congratulations!!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I give all credit to this site MFP. Without tracking my calories I wouldnt have succeeded at all!

You need to give yourself the credit! MFP is a great tool...if you use it. Which you did!!!

Your experience is amazing. What an incredible way for your hard work to be recognized.

^^^So true!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Completely Awesome NSV!!! WTG on your loss!!!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That is just so cool, OP, to have your hard work shown off like that!

Great job!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is a great to hear, congratulations :smile:
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation for you. Congratulations
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an achievement!!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!