You're gonna think I'm crazy, but....

Options
caribeals
caribeals Posts: 105 Member
You might think this is nuts to be excited about, but I'm gonna share it anyway! :happy: I have been seriously trying to lose weight for the past 2 weeks. (like many people here, I have notoriously went back and forth in weight my entire adult life!) The first week I only lost .5 pounds. My friends, a couple relatives and I started out own Biggest Loser competition last Monday. Today was our 2nd weigh in, and I am down 5.8 pounds!! I know most of it is water weight and i will most likely lose very little next week, and I'm ok with that as long as there is some sort of a loss. 2 weeks ago I tried the Wii Fit Free Run for the first time. I set it for 10 minutes. I had to stop and walk about 4 times. Today I jogged in place the ENTIRE 10 minutes and it calculated me as going 1.71 miles! This may not seem like a lot, but for me, weighing 252 pounds and just starting out, this is HUGE! :happy: I did the happy dance right in the middle of my living room, with all 3 of my kids laughing and cheering for me! So, I just wanted to toot my horn a little, so thanks for reading!! :)

Replies

• paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not nuts at all! We have to cheer our successes, big or small. Way to go!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Excellent! Well done xxx
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Happy dance for you:happy: Best wishes on your continued success!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Nice job!!! 1.71 miles is SUPER fast, very impressive
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I'm cheering for you....
  • mrboehm
    Options
    This is awesome!! Great job! My wife and I have been using Wii Fit since May and I have dropped about 17 lbs...but, more importantly, I have lost 2 pant sizes and my wife is doing even better. I hope you keep up the great work. MRB
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YAH
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere, GOOD JOB!!!:smile:
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I do not think you are crazy at all, I think it's AWESOME! keep up the good work, and be PROUD!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    5.8 pounds? Why would you be excited about that? Oh wait.....because it's FIVE POINT EIGHT POUNDS!!!!!!! Who cares if its water??? Its STILL 5.8 pounds GONE! Celebrate, sista, celebrate!

Here's a cheerleading squad for you:
    *\o/* *\o/* Two, four, six, eight, who lost 5.8 this week? CARI! CARI! Gooooooooo CARI! *\o/* *\o/*

Never think you are crazy for celebrating....NEVER! CONGRATS!
  • njjbosse
    Options
    YOU'RE DOING AWESOME! keep up the girl work!
  • digitalmelody
    Options
    that is awesome!!! moving foward is moving foward, no matter how small the step!! Every move foward should be cause for celebration. Have you ever heard of Tosca Reno?? her book help me to tighten up my game and I have never felt better.
    She is an excellent inspiration.
    continue with the great work!!!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Happy dancing with you! Fabulous progress!
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks everyone for all the support! I really do appreciate it! :blushing:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    yay! EVERY success, big or small, is still a success. You should be proud of YOU!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I dont think your crazy that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!

I must say though, i'm very suspect of the Wii's tracking on that program. If you were to run 1.71 miles in 10 minutes, you'd be running at the rate of 10 miles an hour, which is breakneck speed.

Maybe check your settings and keep up the good work.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    that is awesome! and not a bit crazy! I hope you will keep ua posted!
  • fiafia
    fiafia Posts: 8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great.............amd well done you !!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    WTG!! That Wii Fit run is awesome, I love trying to do better than my last run and seeing the miles add up!! Keep it up, I know you'll do great next week as well!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!