Starting Insanity on Oct 14th

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm starting Insanity on Oct 14th and would like to know if anyone is starting during that period to tag along. Prepping these 2 weeks with good diet and 15-20 min cardio like jump rope, jogging etc.,

Look forward to some buddies joining the insane workout.

-Kaizen

Replies

• lmissinsanity
    Options
    Hi, there is an accountability group in the exercise section. Insanity is fantastic and the fitter you get the harder you can push yourself.
  • kaizen009
    Options
    Thanks for the info, lmissinsanity. I'm newbie to this website, couldn't find exactly what group is that. Is a group different from topic ? Can you point me to the link, sorry for such dumb Q. I replied to your post with "TOPIC: Insanity...". Not sure if this is what you meant...

Anyways, excited about Insanity and prepping for the game.

Any of you guys have inputs for non-workouter's, please let me know. For next 2 weeks, I am doing FitnessBlender youtub videos everyday to warm-up my body for Insanity. Any other tips are highly appreciated.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaizen,

Im in the final week of insanity and will be starting round 2 of Insanity on the 18th of October so Im happy to join you. As I have already done it once I can answer any questions you might have.

The first 2-3 days your body will feel really sore but after that the soreness goes away. Pay special attention to form and know your limits, you dont have to keep up with the people in the dvd, just go at your own pace. Also follow the nutrition plan as much as possible to get the best results and make sure your eating enough calories. Drink a protein shake after each workout that will help with the soreness and help your muscles to recover.

Stay away from the scale, measure inches lost and take pics to track your progress. Most people see major results in month 2 so you have to be patient and complete the entire program.

Best of luck!
  • charlielight
    charlielight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaizen!

I would love to start Insanity on the 14th with you!

I'm in the middle of doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I can definitely feel my body getting stronger. I've heard great things about Insanity. A few summers ago I did p90x for about 2 months but my goal was to get leaner and lose some inches. With that program I really only started to gain A LOT of muscle (seriously, my thighs and neck looked so manly, which didn't work with my 5'2 frame).

We should start a group (I'm new to MFP so I'm not really sure how to do that).
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun!
    I just finished Insanity and Asylum. Im starting P90X2 on the 14th! Im psyched!
  • clipmom12
    Options
    I will be starting oct 14th as well. A little nervous. Is there a community groupo for this start date?
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Any of you guys have inputs for non-workouter's, please let me know. .

start practicing
    push ups
    lunges
    squats
    and if you arnt a fan of jumping jacks......sorry to put it to you, they are on the list too!
  • kaizen009
    Options
    Welcome to the Insane journey on same day. I don't see any existing group for that day. Wondering what is the best way to share daily thought/suggestions/inputs for folks who start same day. New Discussion/Topic Or Group? Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
  • kaizen009
    Options
    leslturn8: Thanks for the tips. Will do these for next 3 days to get ready for Insanity...