Hip injury?

Options
I had a really awkward dismount from a horse today and sort of.. jarred it? It's probably just a strain of some sort. Any advice on how to handle this? It hurts to walk, and I can't afford days off from working out.

Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Rest & recover
    You will have more time off if you try and push through to do your workout and do further injury!
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got jumped outta my tack going over an oxer when I was a teenager and actually popped my hip out...it has popped in and out since. I finally went to a doctor and was told eventually I'll be bionic...lol.

Rest up! If it persists...see a quack ;-)
  • lucky2beinlove
    Options
    Rest & recover
    You will have more time off if you try and push through to do your workout and do further injury!

It's oh-so difficult to stay under my calories when I haven't exercised! 1200 just doesn't seem like enough.
  • lucky2beinlove
    Options
    I got jumped outta my tack going over an oxer when I was a teenager and actually popped my hip out...it has popped in and out since. I finally went to a doctor and was told eventually I'll be bionic...lol.

Rest up! If it persists...see a quack ;-)

Oh my! Thankfully I've never had any bad injuries from my unplanned dismounts. A few strains and sprains here and there.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Rest & recover

It's oh-so difficult to stay under my calories when I haven't exercised! 1200 just doesn't seem like enough.

That's because 1200 probably isn't enough. There are very few adults on the planet that should be eating a 1200 calorie a day diet. Just for fun, check out what your BMR (Calories you need to survive in a coma) is and then decide if 1200 is good.
  • lucky2beinlove
    Options
    Rest & recover

That's because 1200 probably isn't enough. There are very few adults on the planet that should be eating a 1200 calorie a day diet. Just for fun, check out what your BMR (Calories you need to survive in a coma) is and then decide if 1200 is good.

My BMR is 1509. :/
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The information I can give coms from being a massage therapist going on five years. However since I can't see you in person I can't give any specific advice. In general a muscular injury should be rested, iced, compressed and elevated. Save for the elevation, reducing inflammation is the most important element to keeping your injury from getting worse. In the best case scenario you probably just strained a hip flexor, but if the pain persists more than a week I would have an x ray done. Best of luck.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    As someone who had athroscopic hip surgery after a tear to the labrum, let me say what you really cannot afford: 1 week where you basically cannot walk, 1 month where you are on crutches, 6 months of limping and no real exercise, and 1 year plus of pain.

Please do yourself a huge favor, consider the long term, and rest and recover now.

Feel better soon!
  • staciva
    staciva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As a doc, I agree with massage therapist's post. Add ibuprofen if you have no allergy to it, no history of ulcers or reflux and no history of kidney disease. Follow directions on bottle - no more than that without actually being seen by a professional. If no improvement in 1 week, be seen and get X-ray. Good luck!