Vicious cycle - my solution and YIPEE!

ALTHOUGH THIS SOUNDS DEPRESSING THERE IS SORT OF A HAPPY ENDING HERE! <GRIN>
Think I needed just to vent a bit - no better group to do this with than the MFP!

My goal has been to wake up in the AM and work out several days a week before going to work - I can only make it one day then the next I sleep thru alarm etc.. I have been stressed about pending unemployment end of August, [no other job in sight yet] , so I lose sleep worrying, so I miss my alarm, then I am too tired to workout at night because I didn't sleep all night, then my weight does not budge. [196 and steady for about 3 months]. THEN I get depressed because my weight hasn't budged and I NEED to lose weight to fit into my interview suit [just 5 lbs will do] because I can't justify spending $ on an interview suit if I might need that money for food in a few short weeks. Then I get depressed because of this cycle and I lose more sleep .... yada yada yada... you get the idea.

I keep thinking if I can just wake up and workout 2 days in a row I can start controlling SOMETHING in my life and I might get a grasp on the weight thing. I was so determined to do this today that I actually slept in my workout clothes last night so I wouldn't waste any time getting to the gym this AM. and GUESS WHAT??? I made it I made it.. 2 days in a row! yippee for me. HIP HIP HURRAY FOR MEEEEE YEAAHHHH... [it's ok if you think I'm crazy - I probably am and don't know it yet! <grin>]

Replies

• randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    ALTHOUGH THIS SOUNDS DEPRESSING THERE IS SORT OF A HAPPY ENDING HERE! <GRIN>
    Think I needed just to vent a bit - no better group to do this with than the MFP!

My goal has been to wake up in the AM and work out several days a week before going to work - I can only make it one day then the next I sleep thru alarm etc.. I have been stressed about pending unemployment end of August, [no other job in sight yet] , so I lose sleep worrying, so I miss my alarm, then I am too tired to workout at night because I didn't sleep all night, then my weight does not budge. [196 and steady for about 3 months]. THEN I get depressed because my weight hasn't budged and I NEED to lose weight to fit into my interview suit [just 5 lbs will do] because I can't justify spending $ on an interview suit if I might need that money for food in a few short weeks. Then I get depressed because of this cycle and I lose more sleep .... yada yada yada... you get the idea.

I keep thinking if I can just wake up and workout 2 days in a row I can start controlling SOMETHING in my life and I might get a grasp on the weight thing. I was so determined to do this today that I actually slept in my workout clothes last night so I wouldn't waste any time getting to the gym this AM. and GUESS WHAT??? I made it I made it.. 2 days in a row! yippee for me. HIP HIP HURRAY FOR MEEEEE YEAAHHHH... [it's ok if you think I'm crazy - I probably am and don't know it yet! <grin>]
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    You're not crazy, you're determined! Congrats!!!!:drinker: Just making the decision was taking control of that area. Keep it up! :happy:

Love & Blessings
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hey girlie!!! YEY for you finding a solution! I had to start working out AFTER the kiddos go to bed because I couldn't get up and moving for a workout. What I love the most is that there is always a way. YOU GO GIRL!

:flowerforyou:
  • For me, getting out of bed is tough, but I just tell myself I will feel tired regardless - if I get up at 6 and workout, I will feel better than getting up at 7 and not working out. Put your workout clothes out the night before and force yourself to get up. Give your face a wash and your teeth a brush and you will be good to go. I usually feel much better after 5 minutes! Just think of those extra calories you can eat.

Also, if you committ to getting up for a week, I can guarantee you will notice you have a brighter outlook on life and your pending changes. You will also have more confidence to go to those job interviews:smile::smile: :smile: Good luck!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    KUDOS to you!!! You are very inspiring, sleeping in workout clothes is a great idea. Keep up the good work and the best of luck to you on weight loss and your job interviews to come!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Good for you! And just think, if you CAN keep up with the exercising each day, it's BOUND to help with your sleeping problems.
    I never used to sleep much AT ALL, but, with all the exercising I'm doing each day, I'm now getting between 4 and 5 hours a night now! So hopefully, YOU'LL start sleeping better too!
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    , it's BOUND to help with your sleeping problems.
    I never used to sleep much AT ALL, but, with all the exercising I'm doing each day, I'm now getting between 4 and 5 hours a night now! So hopefully, YOU'LL start sleeping better too!

THAT IS MY BIGGEST HOPE. There is nothing worse than a tired grumpy person. I want to be a happy energetic person. sleep will help! can't even begin to express the difference in energy level today having exercised in the AM - not to mention my sense of 'fait acompli' with myself! ahhhhh . Fingers crossed that I'll make it tomorrow AM too. I need to bottle up this feeling for tomorrow AM don't I??
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Yup, just remember how good you feel today, and that it WILL lead to better, more sleep, and maybe THAT will give you enough motivation to keep it up!