late night snacking problems

Options
ok, this is only my first day on this site, but i adore it already!!!!! i did great today! stayed waaay under my calorie allowance, ate only healthy things, exercised for the first time in about a year ( since i became ill), and i am feeling awesome. except it is now almost 8 pm, and im hungry. i am trying so hard, but i am hungry!!!! i want to eat a small snack, one that is healthy, but then i will mess up my great day. what do i do????
I am sipping on some herbal tea, trying to see if the hunger pains will go away.
any ideas?
thanks so much in advance i adore this site so far!!

Replies

• momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ok, this is only my first day on this site, but i adore it already!!!!! i did great today! stayed waaay under my calorie allowance, ate only healthy things, exercised for the first time in about a year ( since i became ill), and i am feeling awesome. except it is now almost 8 pm, and im hungry. i am trying so hard, but i am hungry!!!! i want to eat a small snack, one that is healthy, but then i will mess up my great day. what do i do????
    I am sipping on some herbal tea, trying to see if the hunger pains will go away.
    any ideas?
    thanks so much in advance i adore this site so far!!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Try a glass of chocolate milk. It will fill you up and give you a dairy product for the day!

Good luck!

Ali
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    yum i adore chocolate milk. i "eat " it with a spoon, it gives my hands something to do i guess. ROFL. great idea! i havent had any dairy today, just fruits and veggies and some wheat bread, so that is grains, so i needed a dairy. Thanks a bunch!
    have a great day!
  • alimassa
    Options
    you are very welcome.....love the name btw....i have 3 babies of my own.
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you stayed way under your calorie allowance, you're probably hungry!!! Go ahead and eat! Eat until the little number on your food page says 0. It's really important to eat if you want to lose weight. Good luck on your lifestyle change!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    If you've still got lots of "numbers" left, you CAN have a snack without feeling guilty at all.
    I love to save some of my "numbers" for some slow churned icecream. YUM! My favorite!
    Or cool whip with a package of 100 calorie orea thin crisps. Or, good old air popcorn with spray butter.
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    thanks so much! i did stay way under my allowance- but im just sooo ready to lose weight. but i need to make sure i stay healthy.
    thanks so much for the encouragement. i really really needed it, i knew , just knew- that if i got on here and typed in how i was feeling i would get support. this site is amazing. absolutely amazing.
    thank you all.
    :heart:
  • alimassa
    Options
    You really will loose faster and healthier if you stay at your target allowance. I know the days I have a lot left on the table, I tend to feel worse the next day. YOU NEED ENERGY! If you have a lot left over today, have a BIG glass of milk. LOL

Don't forget to eat your exercise calories too! You earn um you eat um!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    hhahahahh! I totally eat my chocolate milk with a spoon too! it makes it last way longer and its kinda like letting icream melt in your mouth!!!

oh and eat those calories girlie! if you have a number left then you dont have enough for your body to run on!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    ok i totally forgot about the calories i burned off while exercising too! LOL.
    ok, i just checked my page, i was supposed to stay around 1300 calories, and i consumed 380 calories ( doesnt sound like much now that i type that. ) and i burned 208 exercising- so i guess i can go have a bowl of cheerios and milk, with a sliced banana! that sounds so good to me. i totally want to have healthy energy tomorrow. i have three kids to run after! two with special needs, and i am always so tired ,etc which is why i know i need to lose weight and get healthy. thanks so much everyone. i really really appreciate it.
    :heart:
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    iluvsparkles- I thought i was the ONLY person in the world who ate my chocolate milk with a spoon! it makes me feel like i am really eating alot! ROFLMBO. ugh, that is sooo awesome that you do that too LOL!
  • lisabeavers
    lisabeavers Posts: 115
    Options
    if you are wwwwaaaayyyy under your calorie limits, no wonder you are hungry darlin! Eat something good for you but something with staying power... whole wheat waffles with peanut butter is a good example. The goal isn't to go way under your calories, its to stay very close to the calorie goal. You are doing so very well, i don't want to see you go careening off course cause you're hungry!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    lisabeavers- thank you so much for the encouragement. im headed to go eat a bowl of cheerios with a banana! that way i get my dairy in. this is only my first day, so i want to do a good job. thanks so much for your support!!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    You are not considering your BMR in your calorie intake. You sound way under what your body needs to even exist! Your body will think there is a famine and go into starvation mode if you don't eat at least 1200 calories. Plus you'll end up craving all kinds of foods in the next few days, and you'll totally blow it! If you are only eating 380 calories, 1200 sounds like a lot I'm sure. Good luck on getting healthy!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    just an update- im getting better at this! todays calorie consumption was close to the goal, and i even exercised again!
    This is my first week, i love it and i have lost four pounds already and feel amazing!
    Thanks so much to my new friends!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    be sure to eat all of your calories - I tried to eat less to lose more and faster and what actually ended up happening is that i completely stopped losing. you have to eat your minimum, trust me, it takes a long time to retrain your body to lose again after you make it think it is starving. . . .
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    just an update- im getting better at this! todays calorie consumption was close to the goal, and i even exercised again!
    This is my first week, i love it and i have lost four pounds already and feel amazing!
    Thanks so much to my new friends!
    :flowerforyou:

CONGRATULATIONS on losing the 4!!! Way to go! Keep up the good work!