Dizziness during Kickboxing/Boxing

Options
Hello Everyone :)

Ive been a member here for awhile and I LOVE how helpful everyone is around here. It is really motivating !!! I have my eating in good shape and now I would like to focus on the Exersice part. I myself am a HUGE boxing fan, and even got asked to start covering fights here on the West coast .. I have always had so much admiration for the sport of boxing and the fighters athletisism and being able to witness it firsthand even made me more of a fan of Boxing /Kickboxing.

Anyhow, I started Kickboxing at a local MMA gym. The gym train's fighter's and is one of the more "serious" gyms when it comes to Martial Art's.. In the past I had Kickboxed at other gyms but they were more based around people ONLY doing it for fitness. We still used Heavy bags and it KICKS your butt .. I LOVED the old classes but they have closed there doors and I was forced to try a new Place. At the New gym it is Very much competitive ( which I like ) but Everyone is insane shape and training for fights. I find myself a Bit intimdated when I go in and for that reason I Dont go very often.. When I do I PUSH myself CRAZY hard and end up having to either go to the restroom ( to vomit) or get EXTREMLY dizzy . Is it because I am pushing myself to hard ??? Should I work my way up to the classes ?? Not drinking enough water ??? I get that I should work at my OWN level but I get a bit competitive and it sucks to be left behind :( So I find myself paying a CRAZY amount of money only to work out at home.

Thanks in Advance !!! :)

Replies

• Swats915
    Swats915 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My suggestion...water water water. Try and drink 60+ ounces of water the day before and day u go into the gym. Sounds like ur body is getting dehydrated (vomiting is a sign of that too). Can't stress the water enough. It will make u run to the bathroom a lot at first but u should notice a big change pretty soon and u will end up craving Even more water. I'm not a doctor, just a fellow member and this is just an opinion. Hope it helps.
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also do kickboxing and get dizzy. When I do I stop immediately and just step side to side and lock my eyes on a specific point. It ususally passes very quickly (5-10 seconds) and I can get right back to it.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You really have answered your own question. Increase your water intake and go at your own pace. Going infrequently and pushing yourself too hard when you do go is not good. Going often and making steady increases in time/intensity is the way to go.
  • fordgyrl84
    fordgyrl84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks ladies and gents. I was wondering if it was a Hydration issue :drinker: . It get's extremly hot during the workouts and while I start out the day with the best intentions to drink alot of water .. Sometimes I fall short !! Bottoms up I guess :)