RICE CAKES.....

Options
....Rock! Tried them today for the first time and LOVED them! In the evening I always crave high carb food....Bread/toast mostly, now I can have a rice cake instead as a lighter alternative! I think id get bored of them plain though after a while....what kind of things do you other rice cake eaters top yours with??

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I put peanut butter on the chocolate ones.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    ....Rock! Tried them today for the first time and LOVED them! In the evening I always crave high carb food....Bread/toast mostly, now I can have a rice cake instead as a lighter alternative! I think id get bored of them plain though after a while....what kind of things do you other rice cake eaters top yours with??

a tablespoon of peanut butter is yummy-- and hummus is good, too and low calories.
  • debbieemmett
    Options
    hi.. i also eat rice cakes, but they do need something on top, i use cottage cheese, just a plain one, i love it, anyone else have any ideas....
  • ladouleurexquise
    ladouleurexquise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i really like the white cheddar variety, they're delish.

also i noticed they have chocolate but i've never tried them.. i like the chocolate quakes though! they're mini rice cakes drizzled in chocolate. yum!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i put almond butter on mine. high calorie, but there's good fats, and its super yummy. maybe a slice of lunch meat and some cheese. or applesauce with some cinnamon. or fruit if you want something sweet. the possibilities are endless.

and as unhealthy as it is...i put a little marshmallow fluff on mine occasionally.
  • ladouleurexquise
    ladouleurexquise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    as far as toppings i bet salsa would be really good! i like the hummus suggestion too. so filling!

the side of my bag suggests a mini pizza with tomato sauce and a sprinkling of lowfat cheese.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i buy either the white cheddar or the tomato basil types!!
  • jrenaldo
    jrenaldo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put sugar free preserves on the lightly salted ones.
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    hummus is a fantastic idea. it is one of my fave snacks.. put some on a lightly salted rice cake.. yummmm and hummus comes in so many flavors.
  • Avalon203
    Options
    ooooooh so many ideas!! Thanks guys :-) I especially love the mini pizza thing, Im going to get inventive with my rice cakes tomorrow now!
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ranch flavored rice cakes are sooo good!!!!!!!!!
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate topped with sugar free jelly (blackberry, peach, strawberry are my favs) and a scoop of fat free whipped topping. Makes a great late night dessert for very little calories. I've also topped them with peanut butter. Recently, I found a Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter made by Peanut Butter & Co which is all natural and I've been topping them with that. I recently read a tip to top the plain and cheese versions with a mixture of tuna and salsa. Have you tried the mini ranch flavored cakes? They are really yummy and need nothing with them.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat the box they came in.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Try the Suzie's Kamut agave sweetened cakes - Whole Foods have them - they are really yummy and very un-cardboard like. Made from kamut grains and flax seeds.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat the box they came in.

:laugh:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Try the Suzie's Kamut agave sweetened cakes - Whole Foods have them - they are really yummy and very un-cardboard like. Made from kamut grains and flax seeds.

Thanks! I'll look for those!
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My favourite is salt and vinager flavour with half fat cheddar and turkey ham.
    Hmmmm of to the fridge!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    White cheddar ones with SALSA...YUM!:happy:
  • biglazydog
    biglazydog Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I buy the cheddar ones and top with one light laughing cow (35 cal) it is fantastic. Just make sure you let the cheese wedge soften so it is easier to spread. Sometimes for lunch I will add on top a slice of fat free turkey meat (25 cal ) it really satisfies my urge to crunch. I always go for the crunch!!
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and /or honey :)