Calorie count..am i doing this wrong?

Options
I am allowed to have 1,200 cals per day but Im always under about 150-200 cals I don't starve myself i eat till i feel full, fruit, veggies, wraps,fish and even steaks sometimes. Then i excise for 30-40 min everyday expect one day a week and then im obviously under 600-800 cals. Is this bad?

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Allowed? According to who? Why so low to start with (1200 calories). The scales & your body will sure tell you the answer to this question in time.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's bad. MFP is set up where you eat back you're exercise calories. You need to NET your daily goal. With this method, keep up with exercise calories burned and eat them back or
    switch to the TDEE-% method and eat the same amount each day.

Regardless of the method, accurately track and weigh positions.
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They say that to lose weight at a pound a week that you have to create a caloric deficit of 500 calories a day. That will be 3500 calories a week which equates to a pound. If your goal is to lose just over a pound a week then what you are doing is fine. what you have to watch for is the difference between your BMR and your daily caloric expenditure. which are two different things. You BMR is based on what your body needs to function basically if you were in a coma all day, every day. The latter is what you body burns on a normal day for you. The numbers are vastly different.
  • sarabreck
    sarabreck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Aside from calories, are you meeting your goals for fat, protein, and other nutrients (I track potassium and iron as well)? Probably not if you are running that high a calorie deficit. I would look at your totals for carbs, fat and protein, and see where something might be off balance. Add some protein rich snacks before and after your work outs. If you are not getting the right balance of fat and protein, it will take a toll on your body over time.
  • smile_today2
    Options
    My protein is good I go over it most times by single digits and my father I maintain at the amount MFP tells to. Must admit tho the sugar intake is the hardest for me. I'm always 8-22 over
  • smile_today2
    Options
    Allowed? According to who? Why so low to start with (1200 calories). The scales & your body will sure tell you the answer to this question in time.

According to MFP??
  • smile_today2
    Options
    They say that to lose weight at a pound a week that you have to create a caloric deficit of 500 calories a day. That will be 3500 calories a week which equates to a pound. If your goal is to lose just over a pound a week then what you are doing is fine. what you have to watch for is the difference between your BMR and your daily caloric expenditure. which are two different things. You BMR is based on what your body needs to function basically if you were in a coma all day, every day. The latter is what you body burns on a normal day for you. The numbers are vastly different.

That's is my goal 1pound per week. So I guess I'm okay