Laughing Cow cheese wedges

Options
I have recently discovered these yummy cheeses, but what can I do with them? I've tried it on a Triscuit, and tortilla, but does anyone have a new way to eat them? Thanks (10 lbs lost so far).

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I LOVE crab cakes and I've been making myself crab cake sandwiches with them. I spread one wedge onto a sandwich thin (100 calorie sandwich roll) and putting a crab cake on it. I also do the same thing with Boca burgers. It's a lot less calories than a piece of cheese and it tastes better!
  • ShellBelle76
    Options
    You could use them in a wrap, like a turkey wrap or a ham wrap. Just spread it on the flat bread then load it up with everything else.
    I've made a cheese sauce with it.
  • meaneyz
    meaneyz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of "Hungry Girl"? She's the one who introduce me to laughing cow. I use them in something she calls egg mugs for breakfast. Check her out at hungrygirl.com.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Def - go to Hungry Girl - she uses the Laughing Cow light though. The website above is wrong - www.hungry-girl.com

I use in Egg Mugs (see her recipes) and as a spread on sandwiches mostly.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered Hungry Girl and those egg mugs sound so super yummy!! I'm going to try one for dinner tonight.

I love, love, love the Laughing Cow Cheese wedges. The new bleu cheese flavor is really yummy mixed in with mashed potatoes. The original flavor goes good for dipping with mini carrots.
  • dhunterrn
    Options
    Wow, thanks all. I'm def going to try the egg mug, and mixing into mashed potatoes also sounds good. You're all great!
  • trudy79
    Options
    on a baked potato instead of sour cream and butter. so good! OR on a wheat english muffin with egg white scrambles. very good too!
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    Hungry Girl has great recipes as already stated. You can also go to the Laughing Cow web page and look at their recipes, for all meals and ocassions too.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Sonoma Jack has awesome cheese wedges too... and they cost less and have less calories than laughing cow!! (check the deli section of your store, they're not kept in the same place)

I mainly use them as a dip with pretzels, a straight snack, or spread them on a wrap or sandwich and don't need to use any mayo or dressing. I've also melted it with pasta for a mac 'n cheese type meal.
  • Dubby62
    Dubby62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also toast a low fat muffin then spread the laughing cow and add one strip of turkey bacon.....yummy and worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco is my favorite - a little spicy but good. I spread some on a Wasa Crispbread and top with a slice of turkey and a tbsp of salsa. Yum!! I also use in scrambled eggs and spread on wraps instead of mayo.
  • courtclink
    Options
    I'm planning to try Hungry Girl's Mac & Cheese recipe tonight (http://hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1804). It uses the Laughing Cow Light wedges and it looks super easy!
  • jimmyjabs
    Options
    I had the garlic and herb on english muffin with two egg whites this morning. Very yummy!
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    I also use laughing cow in place of cream cheese on bagel thins!! YUMMY!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out Hungry Girl.. Love the website and the daily emails....