Hello from suburban Philiadelphia

Options
I am a new user to this site. I've been on it about a week now and I just wanted to say hi! I think that I'm here to stay. This site offers a lot of neat tools with a pretty good database and I think that it is a good idea to track the foods that I eat to help me lose the weight that I want to lose. My overall goal is to be in better shape and to lose body fat while keeping muscle mass and definition. I've been trying to eat more protein and limit carbs (which is hard) and limit calories as well while exercising at least 5 days a week - doing some sort of cardio and lifting. I've been doing spin class when I can. Since early June I have gone from 208 pounds to 198 pounds (finally under 200! one of my mini-goals) and I have gone from 22.9% body fat to 16.4% body fat. I recently started on alli as well to try to cut out some of the fat in my diet. We'll see what happens. This push to get healthy again is good, and most of the weight I gained (about 25 pounds) was unfortunately due to some medications that I had started taking a few years ago for depression. In the end, if I have to deal with a few extra pounds for my sanity, I'll take it but I'm doing well so far. Its good to hear everyone's stories, see recipes, and find encouragement. I hope that everyone is doing well tonight, and best of luck to everyone...:bigsmile:

Replies

• joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Options
    I am a new user to this site. I've been on it about a week now and I just wanted to say hi! I think that I'm here to stay. This site offers a lot of neat tools with a pretty good database and I think that it is a good idea to track the foods that I eat to help me lose the weight that I want to lose. My overall goal is to be in better shape and to lose body fat while keeping muscle mass and definition. I've been trying to eat more protein and limit carbs (which is hard) and limit calories as well while exercising at least 5 days a week - doing some sort of cardio and lifting. I've been doing spin class when I can. Since early June I have gone from 208 pounds to 198 pounds (finally under 200! one of my mini-goals) and I have gone from 22.9% body fat to 16.4% body fat. I recently started on alli as well to try to cut out some of the fat in my diet. We'll see what happens. This push to get healthy again is good, and most of the weight I gained (about 25 pounds) was unfortunately due to some medications that I had started taking a few years ago for depression. In the end, if I have to deal with a few extra pounds for my sanity, I'll take it but I'm doing well so far. Its good to hear everyone's stories, see recipes, and find encouragement. I hope that everyone is doing well tonight, and best of luck to everyone...:bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    WElcome Joey, good luck with meeting you goals. Its good to have you here.:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Joey, looks like you found us just in the nick of time! :laugh:

Glad to have you here. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family Joey!

Is that you in that pic? Holy smokes!

Best of luck to you.:bigsmile:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Shannon, Soup... LOOK :noway: Fresh Meat!!
  • SoupNazi
    Options

:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Why am I not surprised that YOU showed up here??? :angry:

BACK OFF!! BACK!!!! :angry:

Again, welcome Joey. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options

kickboxing.gifBring it on cupcake!!
  • Shannon023
    Options

kickboxing.gifBring it on cupcake!!

I'm a lover, not a fighter. CrossedArms.gif
  • mholmes
    Options
    :embarassed: Oh... and welcome to the site!!! Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    The poor new guy here has already been threadjackedemoticon.gif

• Shannon023
    Options
    The poor new guy here has already been threadjackedemoticon.gif

th_tattle.gif mholmes
  • joey16g
    Options
    Thanks all! :) I wish that was me in the first pic but that is Marius P. from "World's Strongest Man" from Poland. Its good to have a goal!:bigsmile: If you look in my other photos you can see me. Hopefully instead of getting "thread jacked" I hope to get regularly jacked!
  • mholmes
    Options
    Thanks all! :) I wish that was me in the first pic but that is Marius P. from "World's Strongest Man" from Poland. Its good to have a goal!:bigsmile: If you look in my other photos you can see me. Hopefully instead of getting "thread jacked" I hope to get regularly jacked!

:blushing: OMG Shannon.... a man that can make ME blush!! Whatdoyaknow
  • Shannon023
    Options

Well..welcome anyway! :smile:

I'd still steer clear of mholmes though, she's a bad influence around here. :smokin:
  • mholmes
    Options

Well..welcome anyway! :smile:

I'd still steer clear of mholmes though, she's a bad influence around here. :smokin:
    Slap.gif stop tellin people that!!
  • joey16g
    Options
    She seems like a nice young woman :)
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    welcome joey16g. I live in the same town as you. (I checked your profile). If you ever need a change up in your workout, I do a bootcamp at 5:30 MWF with Dr. Drill www.dr.drillinstructor.com If you ever want to check it out, let me know and I can get you a guest pass.
  • joey16g
    Options
    I don't know what "Dr. Drill" is, I have never heard of it, but that would be awesome! I would love to check it out sometime. My girlfriend is going to be in town this weekend and we were going to look at a place to go get a free pass to check out...maybe sometime I could make it to your class!
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP joey. This is the best site to get the support and help you need.

Omg you have my car in your weight goal thing. :laugh: I so so so want that car!! it's been my dream forever to get one and, one of these days I will. :wink: