plateauing :(

Options
For the first time in my life I am trying to lose weight. I'm fairly active - though it is mostly chasing my four young kids around, and just needed to lose around 15 pounds to get in a healthy range, but would like to lose closer to 30. 5 weeks ago I started counting calories and doing the 30day shred. I also did a 3 day fast (with salt water cleanse) early on and then 2 weeks of only raw food to help my system to "reboot" and clear out toxins. With all that, I lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, but have not been able to get lower than that in the 3 weeks since. I've been consistent with the work out and have lost several inches. I've been quite strict on the calories, with usually just one day a week going over the 1200. But I just can't seem to get past that 10lb mark. I plan to switch my workout to slim in six starting next week, but am wondering what I should do about food and calories? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would be helpful, hard to see what is happening otherwise.

That initial 10 pounds was virtually all water - fasting and 2 weeks of "raw" will do that - so it is possible you have been losing fat but it is being masked by the inevitable rehydration.
  • checkp0int
    checkp0int Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After your body loses those ten pounds expect to lose no more then two pounds per week. At least in my experience thats how its worked out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't a plateau. Keep weighing and logging your food and staying under your goal (which seems very low, most people need more than 1200 calories unless you're never moving from your bed or something), and you'll lose weight.