Why can't I lose weight?

Options
So, it's been almost a month and I've only lost about, 6 pounds! My goal is to lose 20 pounds by December! I've been eating somewhat healthy. I exercise almost everyday. Somedays more than others.

:sad: I can't go on an extreme diet because my parents don't approve (yes, I listen to my parents). Can you help me lose a lot of weight? I try to eat around 1,200 caloies. Oh and I want a thinner stomach too. Thinner stomach and thighs! Thanks, love ya :heart:

(P.S. I have PCOS, which makes it very easy to gain weight. I want to prove to my doctor that I can lose weight as fast as someone with a high metabolism)

Replies

• mindymoe1
    Options
    really stick to the workouts! 6 pounds in one month is great!! thats more than a pound a week which is what is recomended,so you have already surpassed the normal weight loss in a month. if you continue on that path you will lose close to 20 by christmas. watch your sodium which i learned the hard way lol,drink plenty of water. you can do this. congrats on the 6 pounds already!!
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    You're doing all the right things- just keep going! I have PCOS too, and it does take longer to lose weight. I can lose 1-2 pounds per week, at 1200 calories, with exercise. Be patient and keep at it! Good luck!!!
  • DavefromPhilly
    Options
    Everybody's body is different you know? At least be proud that you lost 6 pounds! I imagine that having PCOS doesn't help either, but give it time and stay disciplined! Best of luck!
  • Saxophone96
    Options
    Thanks you guys :D