Bride on a mission!

ashleycoleman
ashleycoleman Posts: 13
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Ok, so my current weight is 205. My goal weight is 120. I would LOVE to reach this goal by my wedding date of April 2, 2011. But I know that's most likely not going to happen. Can anyone tell me a realistic goal to strive for?...for April 2nd!

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    well first of congrats and welcome :) the "experts" say that 2lbs a week is healthy...however, people tend to lose weight a little quicker(if they are focused) when they first start!! i would say you could safely shoot for 150 by your wedding that is about 2lbs per week plus a few extra per week for the first month or so :) good luck! and if you would like to friend me for support feel free :)
  • shadysyrup313
    shadysyrup313 Posts: 15 Member
    Anything is possible. Look how much weight people lose on the biggest loser in 6? 9 weeks.
  • i think it is possible. my wedding is dec 11th of this year and i started a month ago. i have already lost 16 pounds and am going for 180 i started at 217.

my ultimate goal is 150 but i know that wont happen before the wedding so i went for 180
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Congratulations!! I too am a 'bride on a mission'! ;)

Like tjradd73 said, people tend to lose weight more quickly when they first begin on a weight loss plan but then will slow down as they progress. I woudl think, pending how much you have to lose, 1.5 - 2 pounds per week is reasonable. Things will slow down the closer you get to your goal weight though. So 48 - ish is possible going off of a strictly numerical approach although it may differ depending on how 'clean' you eat and your workout routine.

Again - congrats!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I'd shoot for 170-175. If you pass it - great! But most likely you'll lose more at first, then slow down. By changing your routine you might gain a pound back once in a while or stay steady for a week before losing again. Either way you'll look and feel FABULOUS on your big day!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    How about halfway there?? 45 pounds would be almost 10 pounds a month - safely doable, yet with a little wiggle room if you stick to the program. Or If you've got lots of mojo you could push for the full 10 pounds a month and aim for 55.

If it were me, I'd rather set my goals a bit lower as not to be disappointed if I didn't meet it, yet I'd still keep it in the back of my mind that it would be a fantabulous feat if I did get to the higher number lost!

btw - I'm getting married April 1, 2011!
  • Thanks for the support everyone! It has been so hard for me! I had my first child a year ago and gained 40 pounds afterwards! I have NEVER been this big! I am still in my maternity clothes because my pre-pregnant clothes don't fit. I also went shopping after I had the baby to get bigger clothes and now THEY don't fit either! I don't know how I let it get this bad! I was always so small growing up! Then I gained alot during my first marriage. But now...OMG! I have been so down about it! How does the weight sneak up on you like this?! I was so excited when I stepped on the scale and saw that I lost 5 pounds! That was the motivation I needed! It's amazing what just 5 little pounds can do for you! And I am so happy I was introduced to this website! There are so many people that understand what I'm going thru and can offer so much advice and support! Thanks again everyone!
This discussion has been closed.