Started My Dieting and Exercising Today!

Options
Hello!

Well I started my diet and exercising today!! Did good with my calorie counting, and now its just sticking to it! Anyone else think they are having or going to be having a difficult time with self control when it comes to when and what you are going to eat? Reply so we can keep each other in check! Also let me know if you have any simple, cheap, low calorie and nutritious reciepes, meal, or snack ideas!

:D

Maraia <3

Replies

• bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • mgaz2002
    mgaz2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started today too and know what you mean about sticking with it. I'm leaving for a 5 day trip this Sat and the group I'm going with eat solely at buffets. Anyone have any helpful hints besides starting with the salad bar and wearing the tread off my sneakers? Sure don't want to gain any more wt while gone.
  • maraia94
    Options
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well! :)
  • maraia94
    Options
    Ooooo! Buffets are amazing. See that would be a struggle for myself cause they are my favorite! Well. Just remember that it is a buffet but that doesn't mean you have to eat like it is. :) Just keep in mind that a lot of the time, a buffet costs just as much to get in as it would be to go out to a casual dining restaurant. You aren't wasting any money but NOT taking advantage of the "all you can eat" part! But, yeah I actually would agree with starting with the salad bar first. But just because it isn't salad doesn't mean it isn't good for you. Just make good judgements and remember, technically if you are going on a limited calorie diet, the more you exercise that day, the more calories you are able to consume and still lose weight! Doesn't sound fun. But it works!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Interesting thing about buffets. They are too dangerous for me. I haven't been to one in a year and a half.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    JUst take it one day at a time. THe first few weeks are an adjustment period so focus on drinking enough water and portioning out your food. It gets easier the more you do it. You can do this.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started today too and know what you mean about sticking with it. I'm leaving for a 5 day trip this Sat and the group I'm going with eat solely at buffets. Anyone have any helpful hints besides starting with the salad bar and wearing the tread off my sneakers? Sure don't want to gain any more wt while gone.

well on buffets fill up on salad, make sure you have the dressing on the side and dip the tips of your fork in the dressing then pick up the lettuce, etc. Its a great way to get enough dressing per bite without overdoing it. Skip the cheese and croutons, you don't need those. Find fruit and fill up on vegies, skip the breads. Look for anything baked. Avoid fried. If they got soup go for the non cream kind if you can and skip the crackers. Drink lots of water on your trip and get in your exercise and most importantly have fun. Try to watch your portions of each thing you eat. Go on youtube and look up how to judge portions by your hand. They show you how to use your fist as a cup or palm as a correct portion of fish/chicken and two fingers pinch as two onces, etc. It may help you while trying to eat stuff. Don't stress too much. Just get back on it when you come back. The weight loss isn't a race, its a lifestyle change. You got to learn to live your life while doing this.