Gaining .2 pounds a day, Only eating 1250?

Wrong account.

Replies

• TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Ok now that I have a little more context I can say that your "gains" are likely just a little water retention as you have increased calories. From my experience, increasing calories leads to TEMPORARY gain as your body adjusts. In my opinion, you should stop weighing daily. It's not doing you any good at this point. Maybe weigh weekly and give your body some time to adjust. You can't base your maintenance calories off of a few days worth of maintaining. Also, I assume you will need much more than 1200 to maintain. I had thought when I got your original message that you were trying to lose. Hope some of this helps?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I completely agree it is almost definitely water and glycogen stores. Be patient, and see how things settle in a week or two. We all bounce around a little for many different reasons. Pick a zone weight you're comfortable with - like 3-5 pound range - and stick with that. After a few weeks at one calorie level, you can adjust. If you are logging you will not go too far astray in a few weeks at that level of calories.

Whether or not you weigh every day is a matter of personal style. I like it because it lets me know I'm still in my zone and I EXPECT to bounce around in it. It lets me relax because each measurement is no big deal. Other people worry because fluctuations bother them.

Which works is up to you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Wrong account.
    wrong account?

ETA:ouch just looked at your photo and your diary. PLEASE eat more. PLEASE talk to your parents or an adult you trust.
  • Yep, don't worry its just water weight. Also, I see that you are trying to gain muscle? Eating 1250 cal. isn't enough, I know this because I eat 1450 a day and I'm 5'2 and I'm also trying to gain muscle. I also read somewhere that you won't be able to gain any muscle if you don't eat enough because then your muscles would have a hard time healing or something. Just a suggestion.