How many calories do I need?

Options
Im a 17 year old teenage boy who works out hard with weights for around thirty minutes a day as well as 15-20 minutes of cardio and then goes to sports practice for paddling for an hour after school. I am currently 160 pounds and am trying to gain muscle does anyone have any idea how many calories i should be eating? does 2000 sound like enough?

Replies

• Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Maybe 2500-3000 will put you on a slight surplus.

Just start with maybe 2750 and adjust from there depending on what the scale tells you. Just keep it at the same amount for 3 weeks before adjusting though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Im a 17 year old teenage boy who works out hard with weights for around thirty minutes a day as well as 15-20 minutes of cardio and then goes to sports practice for paddling for an hour after school. I am currently 160 pounds and am trying to gain muscle does anyone have any idea how many calories i should be eating? does 2000 sound like enough?

not even close! google scooby calculator and workout your TDEE, with all the exercise and the fact you are still growing anyway it'll probably be more like 3000 to gain.