Protein shake diet?

Options
So, before you judge, read everything:
I support a healthy diet and lifestyle, I eat to fuel my body and I hate fad diets and everything that's not healthy, but I have this event where I will use a beautiful formal gown, and I want to look my best.
So the question here is, I'm planning five days before the event on doing the just protein shake diet with some multivitamins. I want to lose water weight and to look amazing. It will be like a once in a lifetime thing.
Of course after this I will go back to eating fruits meats and veggies and excercising and lifting heavy :)
Opinions?

Ps. Anybody knows any good multivitamins?

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes usually make me look bloated compared to eating meat, but that might just be me.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i just dont know how a few protein shakes a day are different than eating high protein real food with the same amount of total cals. im a big fan of protein recipes and make them a lot (in fact i just posted in the recipe forum), but i dont know why just protein shakes is a better option than lets say a shake for bfast, chicken and veggies for lunch, fish and veggies for dinner and a protein snack. (im assuming low carb is your goal for the event).

most multis are created equal, to my knowledge- the majority have equivalent breakdowns.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just protein for 5 days.... you'll smell great in your formal gown...
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If I were going to nearly fast for a few days like that, I would do it by eating salads with tuna, salmon or low fat turkey/chicken. If I substitute protein shakes for more than one meal in a row I will experience some discomfort when my body packages the part it wants to eliminate into a brick (I think it is trying to send me a message, like a cat peeing on the rug).

EDIT - go to the store and look at the caloric content of a bagged salad (I prefer one with a few veggies) and a pouch of tuna. Compare that to the shake.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you don't believe in fad diets, but you are posing a question about using a fad diet.....hmmmmm how ironic....

if you want to lose water weight drink a crap ton of water for a week to where you are peeing like every couple hours that should do the trick .....and you can also do what, I have read, some competition types do which is eat like zero carbs for five days..but by day six you are going to eat a crap ton of carbs and be really bloated...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You_ruined_it.gif
  • sarfran27
    Options
    I think this is a bad idea. Seriously.

For five days, why don't you just reduce your carbs slightly (as this will help you lose water weight), drink plenty of water, and up your protein from food sources?

Eat real food to ensure you are getting the correct nutrients, and this will also avoid any possible chance of binging due to lack of food.

I think you already know that this isn't a great idea. I think what's important here is that you are nourishing your body correctly.