Kind Bars: Friend or Foe?

Options
Hi All!

I was just wondering what everyones take is on these. I love them, and they do seem to help keep me full (probably the nuts in them?) but they are an upwards of 13/14 grams of fat and while some are low sugar, I am wondering if it's the same as eating a snickers bar?!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them because they don't have enough protein for the calories, pretty much, but they sound delicious.
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    They're so delicious and filling, but I don't eat them often mainly because they're pretty pricey for what they are. I'm not really worried about the fat content. It's mostly good fats, and it helps me reach my daily fat target.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat them as a snack when I'm on the go. I like that they have simple ingredients (I can pronounce everything!) and it satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • runningvegan
    Options
    Love them. I'm just starting out, so it has been a good transition food for me. I've gone from candy bars to kind bars, and hopefully will transition to something healthier than that down the road.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    As with any singluar food, it's more about how the food (and the quantity you eat) fits into your overall goals.

Clearly, it's a foe for someone with nut allergies. It's a friend for someone looking to get more fat. It might be a foe for someone on a high protein diet, but even that is more dependent on what else they eat throughout the day.

It's not about the food, it's about how the food fits into your bigger picture.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I like them, though I don't eat them much. The reason it has that much fat is because nuts contain a lot of it. But it is what people call a "healthy fat".