loosing motivation

Options
So I am having a bad week(it's monday). My husband left for basic training almost two weeks ago. One of the biggest motivators for me to really start loosing weight. I started zumba before he left and loved it. I have been going for a few weeks now trying for two times a week and was working out at home to. Now after a few weeks and 13lbs I just can't seem to do anything, I feel run down and stressed out being a single parent. I still get to zumba tuesdays and all the saturdays i can and this week starting a new class on thursdays. I just need some help and support getting back on track, i also cant seem to eat all my calories and it gets mad a me. usually under 1200 a day, trying to eat well but use a lot of 100 cal snacks. Anyone need a friend to help motivate please add me

Replies

• cnahan
    cnahan Posts: 1
    Options
    Veggies, Veggies and more veggies. This will help you stay full and loose weight. Broccoli is the best one for me! You should try to eat veggies with each snack and meal. More raw veggies the better. Try them dipped in a little hummus or salsa.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated...but congratulations on doing Zumba. That is fantastic. I know you will reap reward from that. I'll add you as a friend.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    you can totally do this! i have been on this site for nearly a year and have only lost 11 pounds, so your 13 in a few weeks is a major accomplishment! just remember that you are doing this for your own health and happiness, and your own family certainly wants you to feel healthy and happy! if a class is getting boring, try another one. pick out some workout dvd's from the library or buy them cheap from amazon. keep it mixed up so it's fun. and this site is great for encouragement, so keep logging in here. i know you can do this! best of luck and keep your chin up!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of whole milk 3x a day and you will rack up calories fast. Remember your husband is going through the hardest time of his life. Basic is miserable. Just think.. would my TI let me stop just because im tired? NO! WHAT THE PISS TRAINEE!
  • lillianjoy
    Options
    I'm usually under my calories, too. But, one thing I've discovered that helps me eat my calories is nuts. They're really good for you, a high source of protein and they're high in calories (: 13 lbs in three weeks is awesome! That's a great accomplishment.
    As for the busy life style you lead, maybe try taking your kids to the park or on a walk. That way, they have fun, and you get your exercise! Good luck!
  • nbabyimakes4
    Options
    Hi, I usually don't reply to these, I rather just read them, but seeing you reminds me of myself and so many woman out there struggling with this. Sometimes I take a break, give myself some needed attention, your body tells you when its time in all sorts of ways. A little indulgence in other ways than food would de-stress me long enought to get over the hump.

If you have any hobbies or something you are really passionate about now is the time to do it. It will keep your mind off this whole losing weight bit. Day and night I obsess over what to eat, what to do at the gym the next day, etc. That in it of itself is stressful for me. Come the weekend, off days, I feel the stress literally melt away. Don't get me wrong this is not me saying its ok to go crazy, but in moderation enjoy your real self, taking comfort in knowing that you know much more now than you did before when it came to your nutrition. Just eat what is good for you, nothing over the top, have that skinny cow ice cream, the one you wouldn't even dream of having on the week day, but do it in moderation and relax, don't overeat because you are bored, lonely, stressed, etc. Substitute food with something else, something healthy. You can also take a nice long stroll with your dog, or by yourself, listen to music, and before you know it, you've just burned off that skinny cow.

I wish you soo much luck. Take good care, and remember this is all you, and you is all you have.
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thank you to everyone that replied and added me as a friend to help motivate me. I have been working at this all summer but only since Sept have I worked really hard. Unrealisticly I want to drop the weight quickly, I know thats not the way. I am down another 1.5lbs so that cheered me up this morning and zumba tonite, I think I am just in a funk over all the little things that I cant fix, that it's making me crazy. Anyway I will be stronger/ My first goal is another 20lbs by Dec 20th so when my hubby comes home for his ten days he can hug me real close, Then in April when he's home for good I want to loose another 20 so when we meet at the airport he can swing me around when we hug. My big goal is to be able to jig a mile with him by summer