Introducing myself...

Options
Hi my name is Cindy. I'm 41 years old. I'm married w/ 5 children ranging from 11 to 22. I am 5' 5" and I weigh 183 pounds. My goal weight is be about 120 lbs. (Which is what I weighed when I married my husband 18 years ago). Well, that about covers the stats. I've tried for so long and in so many ways to lose weight. Last fall I worked out 6 days a week, ate 1400 - 1600 calories a day and lost 10 lbs. over the period of 2 months. (Oct & Nov). The holidays hit and I fell off the healthy wagon and gained 12 pounds. So here I am...making a fresh start to a healthier lifestyle. Unfortunately, my toughest battle is I suffer from severe (as the doctors put it) depression, bi-polar and OCD. The medications I have to take, lower my metabolism to almost nothing of a flame. I am determined to change that with healthy eating and a more physically active lifestyle. I am looking for friends that would like to share encouragement and support. Well, I guess that's me in a nut shell. Looking forward to "meeting" you. :)

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy, Welcome to the site. I've been at it for over a month and really like it. Good luck with your weight loss. Remember that we are all here for support. Keep us posted and keep positive. I know you can do it!

Kathy
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    how are you liking MFP?
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy,
    Welcome to MFP. I am on meds for depression myself. We can do this. I would love it if you added me as a friend. We can support each other.