Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I have a long way to go... D:

Hey! I'm Dani, and I joined MFP a couple weeks ago :)

I'm on a ketogenic diet and incorporating some cardio exercise 3 times a week. I'd like to get it up to at least 5 times a week but... baby steps :)

My main motivation at the moment is my upcoming wedding in May, in all I'd like to lose 80 lbs, but if I can lose 50 before the wedding I will be VERY happy!

So far I've been going for 2 and a half weeks and I'm down 6.4lbs, a long way to go but I'm pretty optimistic :)

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Great loss so far! You are right about taking it slowly. That's the best way. Good luck!! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Its all about taking that first step. Just whatever you do, don't stop :)

Best of luck to ya

Tof
  • When in May is your wedding? Because i think we have very similar goals, and our wedding is on the 26th of April 2014... Its going to be hard work, but i think we can do it!
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Mine is May 3rd, just a week after yours :) what're your goals?
  • your picture doesn't even look like you need to lose weight. Is that an old pic?
  • your picture doesn't even look like you need to lose weight. Is that an old pic?

I was going to ask the same thing.
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks! :) the picture is from February, so not too old, I was maybe 10-15lbs lighter but still 65-70lbs overweight.
    I've been told I "wear my weight well" if that makes any sense, people tend to be surprised if I tell them how much I really weigh.