Hello MFP babes! Help please

Options
2»

Replies

• carolinesweeneykk
    Options
    Hi ...this is because muscle (you are toning up due to exercise) weighs more then fat.

To give you an idea look at this image

http://imgur.com/10hRh
  • Thomasr31
    Thomasr31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I concur with the previous post. You must use attempt to accurately log in daily , ensure to include your measurement, and maintain your excitement about your fitness goal.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Agree with above - I have been facing the same challenge- working out, logging calories but actually started gaining weight(!) and then finally lost 3 pounds. HOWEVER... I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips since I started tracking that (I like you didn't track at first). My clothes are fitting better, my stamina is so much improved, and I feel great! By logging accurately I have found I have not been eating enough food, especially when I exercise. Since I have changed that, I have started noticing a shift and weight going down. Everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you but logging does work!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Hi ...this is because muscle (you are toning up due to exercise) weighs more then fat.

No. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat but it's highly unlikely that she has gained enough muscle to have been any problem. For women to gain muscle bulk it takes some concerted effort and not eating at a deficit.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options

No. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat but it's highly unlikely that she has gained enough muscle to have been any problem. For women to gain muscle bulk it takes some concerted effort and not eating at a deficit.

If a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat then it would make sense that a cubic foot of muscle would weigh more than a cubic foot of fat. I have gained muscle, I can see it in my legs and arms.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Options
    Agree with above - I have been facing the same challenge- working out, logging calories but actually started gaining weight(!) and then finally lost 3 pounds. HOWEVER... I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips since I started tracking that (I like you didn't track at first). My clothes are fitting better, my stamina is so much improved, and I feel great! By logging accurately I have found I have not been eating enough food, especially when I exercise. Since I have changed that, I have started noticing a shift and weight going down. Everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you but logging does work!

I really need to get a measuring tape. The one from the garage doesn't work lol. I can tell in my clothes, but I'd like to have a more accurate measure. It would help me when I get discouraged from that damn scale too.

I need to stay off the scale.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sounds like water retention from sodium. Just keep chugging that water, working out and you will see results. Also, track your measurements. Sometimes when the scale doesn't budge, your measurements do.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Options
    Sounds like water retention from sodium. Just keep chugging that water, working out and you will see results. Also, track your measurements. Sometimes when the scale doesn't budge, your measurements do.

I'm looking on Amazon for a tape right now :)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

If a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat then it would make sense that a cubic foot of muscle would weigh more than a cubic foot of fat. I have gained muscle, I can see it in my legs and arms.

It is highly unlikely you have gained muscle mass, its very difficul for women on a surplus to gain mass, never mind gaining muscle of a small deficit. It is more likely that you have loss some fat on that area showing the muscle that you already had, for example everyone has ab muscles so called "6 pack" its just a matter of lowering your bf% to a point where they show.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Options

It is highly unlikely you have gained muscle mass, its very difficul for women on a surplus to gain mass, never mind gaining muscle of a small deficit. It is more likely that you have loss some fat on that area showing the muscle that you already had, for example everyone has ab muscles so called "6 pack" its just a matter of lowering your bf% to a point where they show.

Downer