Seeking Accountability!

Options
Ok beautiful people, here is my story.

In September of 2012 I began my weight loss journey. At that time, I was busting out of a size 16 and bouncing around on the scales from 210-220. I was in the absolute worst shape I have ever been in and was ready for a change. Over the next 10 months I lost 60 pounds, with calorie counting and exercise. It was never all that easy and definitely a struggle to stay motivated and working at times. In March-ish of this year I stopped using another calorie counting app and switched to MFP and found a renewed sense of determination. In June, I was down to 157 lbs- 7 pounds away from my goal weight. I was feeling great! July rolled around and I decided to give myself a break for a month or two. My excuses were that I was busy with other summer activities, work, and vacation. I also started dating a guy which led to me eating out and drinking FAR more than I ever had previously. Like I said... excuses. When I came back from vacation in September and stepped on the scale, I was shocked to see that I had, over the past couple of months, gained 13 pounds. :0 I discovered that I didn't really know what I thought I knew about maintenence. In September I was able to lose about 5 pounds, and I'm now sitting about 165- still 15 pounds away from my goal.

I turn 26 in December. I would really, REALLY love to be able to say I was at my goal by that time. It is about 1.5lb a week, which I know could be stretching it. But I am tired of making excuses. I'm basically looking for a few friends to keep me accountable during this time. Encouragement is great, helpful and so appreciated, but I need some friends who also aren't afraid to say "get your butt in gear!!"

I have recently started doing a "total fit" (strength + cardio) workout class for 50 min 3 days a week and am continuing running 3-5 miles at least 2 days a week. My diet could use some improvement, and I know that. I'm a sucker for baked goods and processed sugar in its many forms has always been a struggle. '

If you can help me stay accountable and lose these last 15 pounds, I would LOVE to be your friend!! Thank you!!

Replies

• mainscott
    mainscott Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm happily married, 52 and have been on this site using it and stopped for a year. I went from 264 to 220 the first go around. I started back yesterday and weigh 250. Gained back 30lbs. My blood pressure is up and doctor wants me to lose 15lbs by Dec.7. If not I go on more meds. I can use some support also.

I go to the YMCA and burn around 1000 calories an hour on the Cybex Arc Trainer Elliptical machine in 60 minutes at 100% resistance. My demon is that I have been eating and drinking those calories back and a lot more. That is what I need support on. I plan on Saturday as being my bad day and being disciplined the rest of the week. I like to play and drink to much watching college football and all the other excuses that go along with that mindset.

If you want to work together add me.

If anyone else wants mutual support add me. Scott
  • RNChristie33
    RNChristie33 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks Scott!