diet soda cake question

Options
So I made a chocolate cake with the diet soda tonight and can someone check my math b/c it feels nuts to me. The cake mix was 180 calories, diet soda 0 cals. I put it in a 9x13 pan and cut it into 12 pieces. 180/12 is 15 calories per piece? Is that really right?? Feels nuts to me, but tastes great!! :)
Heidi

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    So I made a chocolate cake with the diet soda tonight and can someone check my math b/c it feels nuts to me. The cake mix was 180 calories, diet soda 0 cals. I put it in a 9x13 pan and cut it into 12 pieces. 180/12 is 15 calories per piece? Is that really right?? Feels nuts to me, but tastes great!! :)
    Heidi
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Was the 180 calories for the entire box of mix or a set serving size?
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    :grumble: Crap my pants...I thought it was for the whole box, but it's 1/12 of the box. Thanks for making me see that!!! Good thing I had the calories to spare today!
    Heidi
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh hun, I did it with my recipe last night too.
    Still haven't bothered to figure the right amounts.:laugh:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Excellent question, Chubbybunny! Weren't you supposed to add an egg or butter?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    To what, the pumpkin cake I did....no....

To the soda cake....I think some people add egg to it.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For the cake with diet soda that's all it is nothing else :smile:
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    Heidi

BUT... i think the 180 cals is the calorie per serving with all the original stuff added(eggs, oil etc). or does it say before making? u know what im saying..
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Crap my pants...I thought it was for the whole box, but it's 1/12 of the box. Thanks for making me see that!!! Good thing I had the calories to spare today!
    Heidi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That made me laugh out loud.
    I gotta try the diet soda cake.
    I calculated the calories for a pink lemonade pie I promised my coworkers I'd bring in . 323 calories in 1/10th of the pie!!!! Calculated for a peanut butter pie I promised an intern for his birthday next Friday. GULP, 383 calories in 1/10th of the pie, and these are not large pies!!! :frown:

So I'll have my teensy slice of the pies I make, and work out extra hard those days, then opt for the diet soda cake from now on!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I made this last weekend.

I used to 8"cake rounds.

made a box of fat free/sugar free pudding, let it set and used this inbetween the 2 layers and topped it off with sugar free whipped cream.

I must say....it was the 1st dessert gone...everyone wanted the receipe. they couldn't beleive it was so low in calories.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I really like the way you do math. Can you do all my calorie calculations please?
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I made diet pop cake the other night, but made it into 24 cupcakes. I love the way cupcakes are portioned out automatically haha and by splitting it into 24 instead of 12..each cupcake came out to have 90 calories!

:smile:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Heidi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That made me laugh out loud.
    I gotta try the diet soda cake.
    I calculated the calories for a pink lemonade pie I promised my coworkers I'd bring in . 323 calories in 1/10th of the pie!!!! Calculated for a peanut butter pie I promised an intern for his birthday next Friday. GULP, 383 calories in 1/10th of the pie, and these are not large pies!!! :frown:

So I'll have my teensy slice of the pies I make, and work out extra hard those days, then opt for the diet soda cake from now on!!

When I was working our team had a cheesecake bake off and everyone that wanted to participate brought in a cheesecake. So I spent time researching trying to find the best, yummiest sounding cheesecake and I must have because I won--bragging rights, pretty much. Anyways, in 1/12 of the cheesecake there were 983 calories:noway: , I *kitten* you not. I have very rarely made it since then but it was darn good!!

I never was good at math...and I certainly proved that in this thread :laugh:

Hope everyone's having a good night! :flowerforyou:
    Heidi
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I made diet pop cake the other night, but made it into 24 cupcakes. I love the way cupcakes are portioned out automatically haha and by splitting it into 24 instead of 12..each cupcake came out to have 90 calories!

:smile:

That's just down right brilliant! :smile: Next time I'm doing that for sure!
  • anniec
    anniec Posts: 23
    Options
    test
  • anniec
    anniec Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! This will come in handy for family functions.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Cool! Thanks for the recipe! I have never heard of this! This will work out incredibly during that time of the month!

Thanks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Heidi

BUT... i think the 180 cals is the calorie per serving with all the original stuff added(eggs, oil etc). or does it say before making? u know what im saying..

I know what you're saying- most cake mixes have both dry mix, and prepared on the nutrition label. Just make sure to read the right one.