In need of recipes for Unprocessed Meals

Options
CarlaAnn15
CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
I signed up to take 'The Challenge' for Unprocessed October 2013 but instead of the entire month, I'm only doing it every Wednesday in October. I'm not creative with food and somewhat picky with what I eat. I do not like seafood and don't eat a lot of red meat anymore. I live in a very rural area so health / organic foods are hard to buy without driving a good 1 - 1-1/2 hrs. If anyone has any recipes they can share, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

If anyone is interested, here's the website for it! http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2013/

Replies

• CarlaAnn15
    Options
    bump
  • ec371
    ec371 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Check pinterest or google for Whoel 30 or Paleo recipes - you'll get a ton of ideas! GL!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian chili is good. Just make regular chili without the meat. Or use turkey or chicken instead.

Ratatouille is a good one, too.

I don't have recipes here @ work but I'm sure you could find some online.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think you're question is too wide, so it's hard to give advice! Though there's plenty of inspiration on Pinterest, blogs etc.

What's your favourite things to eat - can you make those at home?

Poached chicken breast is easy peasy - accompany with veg of your choice.

Eggs are really versatile - an omelette, fritatta or baked eggs (bake them in a sauce of tomato and peppers)

Spicy foods or bland? Curry and rice? Risottos? Pasta with some sort of sauce? Baked potato with a filling? Stew?
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The FB page for this has some great recipes being posted. Also, if you go to the webpage for Eating Rules, there is alot of simple stuff there too. Good luck with it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Italian chicken with roasted vegs

Marinate chicken breast in homemade zesty italian dressing (in a jar shake to mix 1cup apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup oil, 1tbsp of each of,the following spices...oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley). Bake at 400 for 40 mins or until juice runs clear.

Chop the following veg (or others you like) and toss with a small amount of evoo, s&p....potatoes, parsnips, cauliflower, bell peppers. roast at 400 for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If there's a processed/boxed meal that you really like, just make a non-processed/non-boxed version of it!

For instance, instead of buying pre-made lasagna, make it yourself! Instead of buying a can of soup, make it yourself! Instead of buying pre-made baked goods or a baked-good mix, make it from stratch!

I don't know if that helps at all - cooking unprocessed is really easy I find - put some chicken and fresh cut veggies in a pan, roast in the oven, and BAM delicious meal, and no additives (other than whatever was in the chicken/packaging for the chicken, and the same for the veggies).

Also, you don't necessarily have to eat organic/health foods to eat unprocessed, although IMHO it does help since you're ensuring no additives or extra unnecessary chemicals going into your body that you don't need. So long as it's not pre-packaged and made from stratch, you're eating unprocessed.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    For the most serious kind of unprocessed, eat raw! Here is a good way to get started: http://www.youtube.com/user/RawfullyOrganic. She posts recipes here and there and takes old favorites and makes them raw. Satisfying and delicious! Hope that helps.

ETA: http://www.rawfullyorganic.com/content.php?section=recipes&id=148 (website version)
  • CarlaAnn15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! And Good Luck to you all as you continue your weight loss journey!!